Sunday, February 17, 2019

2019 Valentine Day Card Making

Today I've got a quick blog post to share.

When I'm not creating inked, colored and painted cards...
I'm usually creating cards with my Cricut maker or Explore.
Cricut card making is kinda new to me.

While I've owned numerous Cricut machines
since the very first one came out 15+ years ago...
the truth is...I NEVER used any of them.

Last Fall..I decided to FINALLY take the plunge...
and familiarize myself with my two newest Cricut machines..
The Explore...and the Maker.
After my first cut...I was IN LOVE with both machines!
And then I thought...
WHY did I NOT allow myself to enjoy using a Cricut LONG ago(?)

I will always love love love stamping...coloring..and painting cards
but now...I've added creating cards with the Cricut...to my repertoire.
I've always been a very CAS card maker...
and creating cards with the Cricut allows me to create VERY CAS cards...
which I love!

I created quote a few Valentine cards last month with the Cricut
but dint share them here at my blog
because I didn't want some of the recipients to see them prior to receiving them.
But now...with valentine's Day over...
I can share them!
I created a short stack of each card design..
and in the end...I had 28 cards.

So here we go...
My 2019 Valentine cards!

How about this cutie?
I used an assortment of prints for variety.




After creating a short stack of elephant cards with assorted prints...
I decided to create a few with foil and glitter card stock



Next.. I created a stack of this beautiful intricately cut card


And...then...a short stack of this card...
with an assortment of prints.




And...then...I created a short stack of this beauty!
I LOVE this die cut design...
I love all of it...The flourish-y heart
and the great font for the lettering.

and finally...
I created a stack of this shiny sparkly LOVE card
with foil and glitter card stock.


So...what do you think?
Do you have a favorite?

While traditional card making...
(stamping....inking...coloring...painting etc)
will always be my first love...
with water coloring being at the top of the list...
I'm really happy to have found that I REALLY  enjoy
creating cards with the Cricut.
It's nice to add some variety to my card making
and this new found love of sing the Cricut keeps my creative inclinations 
fresh and new.
(A good thing I think!)

Now..with Valentine's day over...
I'll be moving on to St Patrick's day card making...
with my Cricut!

Thanks for visiting today...
Have a wonderful Sunday, my crafty and creative friends!
Michelle.

10 comments:

  1. Love these Valentines Cards and the different prints you used....so glad you have found your way to the life of being a Cricut user - its incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Th!
      I have a long way to go..I am very much a beginner...Thanks Debbie
      Someday...I would love to be as good as YOU are!

      Delete
  2. These are very cute. I don’t have any electronic machines, but I go to crops where the ladies are making so many pretty things with them. I love your Valentines, so good that you had so much fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi!
      I'm enjoying my Cricut(s)...it's nice to keep a fresh twist on how and what we create...switching gears fr stamping to die cutting keeps me in the creative mode!

      Delete
  3. I adore that elephant! So very cute! Darling cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all so well designed and perfect Valentine cards. You have all ages and genders of people covered with these too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done it again--made an amazing video with all the details. Thank you so much. You're an excellent teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!