Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Irish Blessings

March is on the way...
and that tells me that it's time to create 
a few St. Patrick's Day themed cards!

This year
I've decided to use the Cricut
to create die cut St. Patty's Day cards.
I recently picked up some nice print paper 
that I knew would be perfect for St. Patty's cards...
so I got busy creating with some card s tock...some prints...
and my trusty Cricut.
.
Today I'm sharing a few cards with 2 different Irish Blessings.
I created a short stack of each card design.

I chose this simple but beautiful sentiment 
for this card.
The 2 layer shamrock frame was originally a round frame.
I altered/edited the shape to create an oval
which I thought would be a nice look for this blessing.
I used this sweet shamrock print 
and matted it with orange card stock.
The sentiment was stamped...
then die cut with an oval cross stitched die
and attached to the shamrock frame.
Next...I used fun foam to position the framed sentiment piece
for added dimension.
To finish the card.I added one small emerald green rhinestone
to the sentiment piece.

You can see the dimension/lift created
by using fun foam when placing the shamrock frame.



The second Irish Blessing card that I created
used a different sentiment...
one that I have always loved.
I used the same print..and oval shamrock frame
as well as the oval cross stitched die 
when creating this card.

Because this sentiment was larger and die cut with a larger cross stitched die..
The light green shamrock frame layer isn't visible.
I was totally okay with that
and was happy with how this card looked after the blessing was placed onto the frame.
As with the card above...
I used fun foam on this card 
when positioning the assembled sentiment and frame piece..
and finished this card with a small emerald green rhinestone as well.

I look forward to creating a few St Patty's Day cards every year.
Using the Cricut for the cards has been fun!
And each time I use the Cricut..I'm learning a little bit more about
all that it can do.

I'll be back again in a day or two 
to share another St. Patrick's Day card!
Hope to see you then!
Michelle.

8 comments:

  1. Michelle, check out my blog today. I have Irish Blessings too! Great minds! While you are there, would you follow me? I am trying to get my blog followers numbers up. http://afourthlife.blogspot.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! GMTA!...
      I'l be happy to visit and follow your blog!
      Can't wait to see your cards!

      Delete
  2. Great cards. I love Irish blessings my Grandmother was as Irish as one could get and my mother always acknowledged it and learned to cook some of her favorites. I really miss them both but seeing your cards has brought back some awesome memories. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ((hugs)) El...and thank you.
      How blessed we are to have had such beautiful women influence our lives and contribute to the people that we have grown to be.

      Delete
  3. So beautiful and I love the shamrock frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the old Irish blessings! As always beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!