Sunday, February 24, 2019

The IncrEDIBLE Shrinking Mom....and...Beautiful Card Stock Colors Aren't Just for Card Making.

Card stock colors are not just for card making!  


I'm so excited!...
I've lost 99 lbs...and he has lost 83 lbs...
As some of you know...my sweetheart and I have been on a weight loss journey....

Our Journey will continue as we strive to continue to lose...and become healthier...
Our Weight Watcher lifestyle is one that we love...
We've had one another for support
and are amazed at the transformations that we've seen in one another...
and in ourselves.
When we joined WW last Spring...

I told Gary that I refused to serve us a piece of plain broiled chicken and steamed string beans for dinner.

I vowed to keep the food part of our lives interesting

and so...
Throughout our journey 
I have been dedicated to creating recipes that are delicious..healthy...
and above all....compatible with our WW life....
Our friend and family cannot believe what we eat...
and that we have lost weight eating like we do!

We eat great food...
We never feel hungry...
and best of all...
I still get to enjoy cooking and baking and creating my own recipes...
A passion that I didn't want to forfeit when we embarked on this journey.
Let's face it..
you CANNOT take the wooden spoon out of the hands 
of a nice meatball rolling, sauce stirring Italian girl.
That would be a battle that would go down in history.

So...I've been spending lots of time in the kitchen having a fantastic tie creating so many new recipes..
and have, one by one...re-vamped an tweaked up many of my family recipes
handed down to me by my Grandma and my Mom.
In other words...
There are no celery sticks...
baby carrots...
dry salads
and above all..no plain broiled chicken and steamed string beans on our dinner plates!

I cook.
We eat.

We lose weight.


As we've lost our weight on this amazing journey
so many people have asked me to publish a cook book.
and so..
As part of my continued journey 
and at the request of many people 
who are interested in the recipes that I've created that are WW friendly...
I'll be starting a small recipe related business...
And...
here's what's exciting me tonight...
(Yes..the card maker in me has inserted herself into the recipe creators life!!)
I've finalized the logo and graphics details with the graphics person...
And..
I've submitted color samples to her for the color palette for the project...
And.
Thanks to Gina K's gorgeous card stock colors..
it was so easy for me to commit to a color palette...
These gorgeous colors "feel" right to me...
They're gorgeous, I think.
and...
I'm going to love using these colors for anything and everything 

card stock-ish that's related to 
"The IncrEDIBLE Shrinking Mom"!

So, you see...
card stock is not just for card making!

Inspiration is all around us...
Nature inspires color and creativity...
and in this case...Gina K's card stock has inspired me!

But the inspiration doesn't end there...
Gary and I inspire one another in countless ways.
The friends we have made in our weekly WW meetings 
inspire us beyond measure.
Looking at our transformations inspire us.

and...when I sent the photo on the left to my daughter one day recently via a text...
she texted me back saying...
"Mommy...I looked at the picture on my phone and didn't recognize the person.
Then I thought...OH..That's my Mother...
That's my incredible shrinking Mom!!"
now if that's not inspiring...
I don't know what is!

SO now the waiting begins...
I can't wait to see what the graphics person comes up with...
given the ideas and sketches I've provided!

As a person who has been a card maker for decades...
I am always in awe of all of the countless places...things...events...etc 
that can inspire creativity.
For me...
much of my love of color comes from nature...
because...as I always say...
"No one does it better than Mother Nature"
In this case..the color palette inspiration
came from Gina K's beautiful card stock colors.

But...
While I'm waiting...
I wont be idle.
There are recipes to be created...and tweaked.and tested...and tasted.
There are pounds to lose...new clothes to buy...
Walks to be taken...steps to be logged into my FitBit
and goals to achieve.

If you wan to travel along with Gary and I 
on this wonderful  and amazing journey
you can join me HERE...
on Facebook...

And stay tuned...
Because the first monthly collection of recipes will be coming out ...soon!

Thanks for visiting..
and thanks for reading about our journey.
Michelle
(The IncrEDIBLE Shrinking Mom)

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you both! Looking forward to seeing your cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations to both of you. Love your color pallette for the cookbook. I wish you the best with your endeavor and so happy that you can keep your creative cardmaking skills in your cookbook. As always, looking forward to your next card post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing story and one that can give encouragement to so many people - myself included. Thank you for sharing - I can hardly wait to purchase a copy - or two - or more - when it's available!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to both. Wonderful that you can make up your own recipes to enjoy and lose weight. Looking forward to your book and many thanks for sharing your journey with us. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to both of you and you both look amazing! I know from experience what a job it is to lose weight. And, I did yo yo dieting for years. My doctor has advised me to try and just eat healthy instead as the yo yo dieting was not a good thing either. I do a lot cooking from scratch and since my hubby is diabetic I try to cook and measure foods that are the correct carbs for him. I am interested in your cookbook too. Oh, and I joined the FB group or hope I did as it is still pending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your journey. So how many of the larger brushes do I need? There are only two or three larger brushes in the sets, aren’t there? What colors did you set up? Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kren...
      I have 3 sets...and am currently using two of them...and so far that's working for me...when I first got them I thought that I wouldn't use the smaller round ones...but I have used them....
      I haven't used the few long skinny brushes in the set...yet
      I may give the to my daughter...for make-up ;)

      Delete
  7. Will be following you on your FB page. Went on WW last year and did pretty well but sadly thought I could it on my own... False. Will try again and maybe with your recipes it will help.. can't hurt. Thanks also for the watercolor primer. I've followed your blog for quite a while and am interested in watching the next part of your cardmaking video. May you both continue your success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Virginia!
      Wishing you a wonderful and successful re-start and journey with WW!

      Delete
  8. When I saw your photo on Ww Connect. I told myself "I know this face from somewhere. Now my mystery is solved. I hope I follow in your footsteps. Congratulations again. JJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your journey to better health!!! You’re doing amazing!! I’m on such a journey myself & have lost 30 lbs since October. I’m hoping to lose another 30 or 40! My family runs rampant with poor health. I want to take better care of the only body God has given me! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nana....It's never too late to take better care of yourselves...and your weight loss is a super start on a journey to renewed and improved health!

      Delete
  10. Just found your card making blog and read about your weight loss journey. You both look great! So happy that you are enjoying combining your love of color/crafting into your journey! I have lost about 99 lbs this past year also, so I know where you're coming from. I'm a new subscriber and can't wait to follow you along. I just loved the two watercolor videos; especially the one on how you created those gorgeous backgrounds. I will be trying that tomorrow!! Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing your gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jeanne!
      Congratulations on your wonderful weight loss success!..WOW and YAY you!
      I'm so glad that you've enjoyed the videos...and will be giving the backgrounds a try...They're fun...easy to create...and almost "fool proof"....so have fun!
      If you share photos on FB...pls tag my name if possible..I'd love to see what you've created!

      Delete
  11. You are wonderful! I enjoyed your video and your natural style of taking to the audience. I've been in a terrible funk lately and you have inspired me out of it! I'm heading to my art room now, and have also ordered that beautiful stamp. You made me smile this morning, and it felt good! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Laurel...you are SO kind!
      Thank You.
      Most of all..I am SO happy to know that me and my little video have inspired YOU to order this beautiful stamp...and gotten you into your art room!
      Enjoy your creative time...and using this beautiful stamp!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!