Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Happy St Patrick's Day...Die Cutting and Layering to Create a card

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

I've been enjoying making St Paddy's cards with my Cricut
which means that I've got another St. Paddy's day card to to share!

One for the things that I've been enjoying...
is editing and customizing images from Design Space.
The shamrocks shown on this card allowed me to have fun doing that!
I love taking a DS image and creating an edited version that is card front sized.
and it's extra fun when there are (lots) of layers needed to complete the image.
That's what I did when creating this card.
This card actually has 7 layers of card stock and paper...
Yes...7!
I also chose to use a basket weave embossing folder 
to add some texture to one of the card stock layers

I stamped the Sentiment on to white  card stock
then hand cut the double ended banner.
The sketchy shamrock print was ideal for this card, I think.
The sentiment piece...the shamrocks...
and the matted shamrock and basket weave piece
were all positioned with fun foam and foam dimensionals.
(Yes...lots of dimension for this CAS card!


I'm happy with how each element..the color palette...
and the texture and dimension all came together
to create this St Patrick's Day card.
Creating a short stack of this card was lots of fun!

I've still got one more stack of a St Patrick's day card design 
that I have in mind to create...
and then I need to get busy with replenishing my stash of Birthday...Thank You...
Sympathy and Get Well cards.
How about you?
What's on YOUR card making agenda?

Thanks for visiting today...
Wishing you a terrific Tuesday!
Michelle.

4 comments:

  1. These are super cute. I do need to make a few St Patrick’s cards, and make Sympathy cards for my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card with the St. Pat's theme. I need a few of those myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Verna!
      Did you see that Blue Knight Rubber Stamps now has a Facebook Fan group?
      it's called Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps
      Come join us!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!