Thursday, February 21, 2019

A Die Cut Leprechaun for St. Paddy's Day

Hello my crafty and creative friends!
My St. Patrick's Day card making is winding down.
But...
Before I move on to doing some floral water coloring
I have one last Cricut-die-cut St. Paddy's Day card to share with you.

And...
It's THIS cutie!
I had THE best time designing and creating a short stack of this card.
At first, I cut the parts and pieces to make just one leprechaun..
thinking that it wold be tedious to put together.
One wold be enough..I thought.
But...
Cutting and putting together all of the leprechaun's layers
wasn't tedious at all...
(A pleasant surprise)
So...I cut out a bunch more and created a nice short stack of cards 
created with this adorable little guy in the spotlight!
I had this pretty golden shamrock print set aside...
waiting for just the right card making moment to use it.
and...
This card seemed like the right moment!
I kept the colors of Ireland as the color palette
for this card...
an chose gold metallic card stock as the largest mat layer
to complement the gold shamrocks
I matted the shamrock piece and positioned it with fun foam
for added dimension.


This little guy makes me smile!
and...
I have to say...
After completing the short stack of leprechaun cards
I was kinda sad to see the leprechaun making come to an end.
I really enjoyed designing and creating this card
from start to finish!


So...now...
with my 2019 St Patrick's Day card making complete...
I'll be heading out to my studio to do some floral image water coloring.
(A friend asked for quite a few water colored floral cards...
Water coloring is something that I love to do
So this next card making project will keep me happy and busy
...at least through the weekend)

What's on your card making agenda today?

Thanks for visiting...
Have a terrific Thursday!
Michelle.

4 comments:

  1. So fun! I have a Friend that went to Norte Dame, and he would love this in his law office! hah! Have fun watercoloring this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa!
      I'm heading out to my studio within the hour. to do some water coloring..can't wait...
      (and yes...he's ideal for ND lovers!)

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!