Monday, December 10, 2018

Sending Christmas Wishes...With a Big Beautiful Poinsettia Card

I am so happy and excited to share today's card with you, here at my blog!

Every so often, 
I create a card that really makes me happy.
Happy with the process of creating it
and Happy with the finished card.
If I create a card and feel like I want to save it...forever...
Then I know that I am REALLY loving it...
a lot!
For me...THIS is one of those cards!

I've always loved very large oversized stamped images 
for a card front.
I've got lots of stamps with mondo-sized images
and now...with using my Cricut(s) for card making...
I've been  using Design Space to customize die cut images  
to give me the big giant sized images that I love to create cards with!
I chose a deep red  along with green and Kraft card stock 
to create the poinsettia.
For matting I chose ivory metallic card stock 
and matted it with chocolate brown.
The sentiment is by The Ton Stamps
and was stamped with a Kraft/tan colored ink.
I finished each of the cards with a few crystal sequins
to add a little bit of Holiday sparkle.

Lighting in the studio kept changing while I took today's photos
and the sun kept hiding behind the clouds.
So...(Yikes) ...some of the photos are brighter than others...

I love the size...dimension of the poinsettia...
It's so big and luscious


I created a short stack of 3 of this card
and am thinking that I'm going to create a few more this week
because I am loving this big gorgeous poinsettia


So pretty...


Looking at this gorgeous poinsettia makes me feel so happy
 that I've FINALLY started using both my Cricut Explore and Cricut Maker.
I am still wondering why....for so many years....
and with owning so many different Cricuts...
I never took the time...or interest in sitting down to enjoy using them!
Because now...after just a few weeks...
I am totally and completely hooked on the Maker and Explore!

I've got a few Cricut projects lined up for the coming weeks...
all for the Christmas Holiday...
Some tags...some vinyl projects...and a few more cards.
Somewhere...along the way...
I hope to do some stamping and water coloring as well.
I'll be sharing my cards and projects here at my blog...
and look forward to you visiting again!

Wishing you a wonderful day!
Michelle  

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! This is a pretty die, and you've created a card that will make someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti
      I'm trying to actually USE my Cricut machine...and have to say...this poinsettia was a really fun Cricut cut to work with...I love the layering.

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!