Sunday, December 2, 2018

It's a Very Cricut-y Christmas in My Studio

Hello my crafty and creative friends!
It's been a while since I've shared cards here at my blog...
BUT..with good reason...(I think)

I've been spending time with my new Cricut Maker..and my Cricut Explore.
 (also new...because It was sitting in the studio...brand new...and never used...)

I have to confess...I have owned every Cricut model since they first came out
(many years ago)
but..I've never quite taken to using any of them.
Most remained in their unopened boxes...
never used...
And then..I'd buy the next new and improved model/version
and would never use that one either.

After using the Maker once to create the car and palm tree card 
that I shared here a few weeks ago...
I found myself being a little bit interested
in exploring the card making possibilities.
and...
it's been lots of fun!

I am by no mean a pro with using the Cricut...
But I've learned enough to find it enjoyable...
and I am making an effort to expand my knowledge ...by trial and error...
to learn how to use the Cricut for the many wonderful things that it can do.

Will I give up stamping.painting..coloring...using dies?
No.
But I am thinking that I'll be using the Cricut to expand 
my card making possibilities.
and style.

So brace yourself...
because this week I'll be sharing some Cricut-y Christmas cards
here at my blog

Today...
I've got a few silhouette style cards to share... 
Both created in my usual CAS style...
very Clean And Simple

The first...a Santa and little girl silhouette
A great card to start out with... for someone like me
because the image is a simple 2 layer silhouette.

My thinking was...
Start out simple...basic...
So that I won't get frustrated...
and throw the Cricut out of the window.
In making this card...I experimented with sizing the image
so that it would be A2 size friendly.
I went with non-traditional Christmas colors...
and was happy with the  cards, color palette and the overall look.


The second card is a Santa and little boy silhouette
I went with traditional red..and used a holly print.
I inked the edges of the print with green ink
and use black card stock for matting.

To finish the cards....
I added few sequins for a little bit of sparkle.
I felt happy with the basic Cricut tasks I was able to navigate and complete...
to create this card.


I was also happy to finally...F I N A L L Y....use my Cricut machine(s)
and..
I can already see why so many people who own a Cricut
profess their love for it openly.

Thanks for visiting today...
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Michelle.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, it is a beautiful card ! I love it glad you like your new Cricut!
    🎈🐢🐒🐢😇 glad you feeling a little better !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!