Thursday, December 6, 2018

Creating Christmas and Holiday Cards with the Cricut

It's been a fun week of creating cards with the Cricut
and...
it's been a week of expanding my Cricut skills.
(Which make Cricut-shy me...very very happy!)

I'm sharing a card, today, created with a two layer image...
and a die cut edge that I created by giving the Cricut "Slice" option a try.
(This is where I want to shout...I DID IT!....I SLICED SOMETHING!)

I wanted to create a card that would be guy-friendly
and thought that this beautiful buck was ideal.
I chose sand...chocolate brown ...green...and ivory card stock
for this card.
The tree edge was "sliced" from another project on Design Space
(I was so excited to master Slicing !)
Learning how to slice opens up so many 
card making options for the future!
(Some of which I already have in mind)

After the card was assembled...i finished it with a few crystal sequins...
and brushed the die cut image with Clear Wink of Stella.


It's always great to expand our skills...
and creating this card offered me that opportunity.
I'm sure that "using the "Slice" feature on the Cricut 
isn't the most challenging thing to master..
but for me...who has never really been great at using a Cricut...
this is a happy accomplishment.

I've enjoyed all of the Christmas and Holiday card making projects 
that I've shared here at my blog this week 
and I'm looking forward to the projects that I have lined up 
and hope to work on in the next few days.

Thanks for visiting today...
Have a terrific Thursday!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!