Monday, December 3, 2018

A Silhouette Image Christmas Card in Blue

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

I'm continuing on with my determination to become familiar
with both the Cricut Maker...and the Cricut Explore.

I'm both interested...and looking forward to diving into making cards 
that are a bit more detailed....with more layers...
But for now...I'm sticking to the basics...
A silhouette....that is two layers.

So...
I've got this sweet card to share today...
with this wonderful Christmas silhouette image
and a soft blue color palette.
I had a few pretty prints that I wanted to use..
One of them was this baroque motif print...
I chose to mat all of the layers 
in the same black that was used for the shadow layer of the die cut image.
I created two of this card...both identical to one another.

I have a stamp that is very similar to this die cut image...
and was happy to see a similar image in Cricut Design Space.
I have always loved creating Christmas cards that stray 
from the traditional red and green color combo.
The color palette for this card was inspired by the prints
that I wanted to use for today's cards.
I like the black matting against the light blue.
I also chose to ink the edges of the white layer behind the silhouette
and add a few crystal sequins for a little bit of sparkle.

The second print that I wanted to use was in the same color family...
The sketch..matting ...inking and embellishments used for this card
are the same as those used when creating the first card
but more specifically...a Christmas print.


After creating today's cards...with customizing...sizing and 2 layers...
I felt very ready to move on to customizing & cutting
images with more than 2 basic layers.

I am enjoying creating cards with both Cricuts
(the Maker and the Explore)
I'm glad that I've taken the plunge and set my mind to just diving in...
and playing with the machines.
Eventually, I'd like to work on a few vinyl projects...
But for now...I'm creating cards...
and I'm enjoying learning about the terrific things that a Cricut can do!

Most of all...
Today's cards were fun to create...
and I'm happy to add a new style of card making to my repertoire!

Thanks for visiting today...
Wishing you a marvelous Monday!
Michelle.


1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, Christmas is on his way as everyone is waiting to celebrate with joy and happiness. On this lovely day we have to share good vibes with our loved ones in the way of messages, images, quotes and GIF's on whatsapp and facebook. Now days memes are in trend so here we can also share some memes on christmas with our friends and relatives We can update our Wallpapers of Mobile and Desktop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!