Wednesday, December 5, 2018

A Few CAS Cards with Mondo-Sized Images

I'm still at it...
Creating Christmas and Holiday cards 
with the Cricut maker and Cricut Explore..
and I am really enjoying it!

When stamping...I've always like huge mondo-sized images
that fill...or almost fill a card front.
So I thought that I'd use the Cricut(s) 
to create some nice extra large layered pieces.

Because the layered images for today's cards
are super large...
I kept the rest of the card very CAS 
and took the route of using the image..some simple basic layering and matting
and the addition of just a few sequins to finish each card.

I created a few of each of the cards that I'm sharing today
and am happy to add them to my card stash.

There are so many snowman image options in Design Space
and lots more on some of the cartridges that I've linked to DS.
But...
this guy stole my heart.
I think that I fell in love with him because he has a bit of vintage look.
(He looks like the snowmen that were on cards and trees and decoration
during my childhood.)
I guess that makes ME vintage!
Yikes!
This adorable snowman was created with two layers.
I chose a vanilla  and Kraft card stock colors for the snowman
and a deep red metallic for the background layer..
I matted the deep red with black card stock.

I kept it simple...and finished the card with a few crystal sequins


The second card that I'm sharing today 
was also created with a mondo-sized image
and I kept this card very CAS as well.

I chose deep charcoal and vanilla card stock to create the layered image
and a great green glitter paper for the primary mat.
I double matted the glitter layer with vanilla and charcoal grey card stock.
I finished this card with a few crystal sequins

I'm enjoying trying different things with the Cricut(s)
I've mostly been using the Explore...because it's closer to my desk 
in the new little studio that we've set up in the house.
(I still have my big studio...but have moved all of the electronic die cutting 
and vinyl related tool and supplies into the house.
The large studio is now just for card making...
and everything related to card making.

While stamping..painting and coloring 
will always be my #1 card making love(s)
I can see, already...that the Cricut is going to be a close 2nd
and will get lots of use.
(This makes me wonder why over the last decade+....
I've never used any of the prior Cricut machines that I've owned.)
Actually..I think that I know the answer...
I just never liked using the overlay keypads and the tiny screen on the machine.
Now..I am loving the fact that everything is displayed right on my computer screen
which makes editing and creating SO much easier...and FUN!

If you've got a Cricut...or multiple Cricuts...(like me)
Unboxed..and unused...(like mine were)
Get them out...(like I did)
and have fun! (like I am!)

Thanks for visiting today!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Michelle.

4 comments:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!