Saturday, December 8, 2018

A Golden Jingle Bell

Hello my crafty and creative friends!
My adventures with the Cricut Maker and Explore continue...
I took the plunge and FINALLY unboxed my Cricut machines and USED them
and it's been been lots of fun!
My hesitancy to get involved with "electronic" die cutting 
is now part of my card making past
an I find myself wondering why I resisted for so long.

One of the things that I'm enjoying is resizing images to make them mondo-sized...
(Big enough to fill up a card front.)
Yesterday's cards...the snowman and sleigh filled with gifts
were super large and wonderful, I think!
Today's card features another large image
(not quite as large as the snowman and sleigh...
but still...this jingle bell is definitely card front sized!)

My true style of card making is very CAS
(Clean And Simple)
and so today's card...is very CAS.
I chose a print and color palette 
that lean towards traditional Christmas colors....
Green...ivory...metallic red.... a little bit of metallic gold..
and I added Kraft colored card stock for the largest shadow layer.
The little bit of shimmer and shine in the metallics 
adds just little bit of zing to the card...
in a good way!
In the end...I has a very clean..crisp..holiday card...
with this wonderful layered die cut image.
I started out trying two layer images...then gave 3 a try...
Today...this die cut has 4 layers..which, I think...
make it so beautiful an add so much great dimension.

I love the details in the swirled ribbon and the jungle bell itself.


And...
Just when you think you're on a roll...
you realize that somehow...
in your joy and happiness of creating a few cards with this great image
you forgot to add a layer!
(*I kept looking at this card after it was made....
and I kept thinking..."Something is missing"
But...I couldn't figure out what that "Something" was)

The next day...when I was placing each card into a cellophane bag...
I realized that one layer was missing...
A "Duh" moment for me

Still a keeper... I think.

Positioning the die cut image with dimensionals 
creates a black shadow which, I guess...
is a good thing!

So...there we have it...
another day of Cricut-created Christmas/Holiday cards!
And another day when I say...
I had FUN creating a short stack of this card.

I've still got a few more Cricut inspired cards lined up to create
and I'm looking forward to sharing them with you here..at my blog.

Thanks for visiting today...
Have a spectacular Saturday!
Michelle.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!