Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Holly Christmas Cards

Hello my crafty and creative friends!
I think that I'm finally getting the hang of the Cricut 
and some of the "things" that it can do!
I'm no longer fantasizing about throwing both the Maker
and the Explore out of the studio window!
Instead..I am enjoying trying things out.

One of the things that I've been doing...and enjoying...
is sizing images to be large...
 almost card front size. 

Today I've got two cards to share...
They're similar...but different
(I used two different prints...but otherwise...the cards are identical)

The silhouette cards I've shared the last few days were created with 2 layers...
Very basic..very simple...very easy.
Today's cards were created with images that have 3 layers.
And, again.....with the Cricut(s)...very simple...very easy.

While the card making itself turned out exactly as I had planned...
Image size...sentiment (by The Ton Stamps)
Some nice prints...and matting colors that I am happy with
I did have a challenge in the very last moments of finishing both cards
THE NUVO DROPS!!
OMGosh...
I was ready to scream!
The Nuvo Drops (used for the red berries) just weren't cooperating...
and...
wound up making a mess of my lovely cards 
by spitting and plopping blobs and specks of Drops 
where there should have been nice round dome topped berries.
(UGH)
Still..I wanted to share the cards with you...
because...
other than the messy berries...
I was pleased with everything else about the cards
(Please ignore the berries!)

I love the layers of the 3 greens coming together
to create the holly sprig.
(I DO NOT LIKE THE BERRIES!)
The holly print was ideal, I think, for the background.
Red and green matting were the way to go with this card, I think

The second holly card has the same sketch as the first...
(and the same imperfect Nuvo Drop berries...UGH)
But I switched up the print.

This print makes the card seem a bit more formal, I think.
I love The Ton Stamps...
and chose to use a large Ton sentiment that has 2 different fonts.
If not for the berries escapade
I'd be 100% happy with both cards.

The good news here is...
I am enjoying using both the Cricut Explore...and the Maker.
And..
I have found myself thinking...
WHY did I wait for so long to give my Cricut(s) a fair chance(?)

The more I use both machines...
and browse around design Space
The more I am taking a liking to both the Maker an the explore

What does this all mean?
It means that I will  have more Cricut-cut cards to share 
over the next few days!

Thanks for visiting today...
Wishing you a terrific Tuesday!
Michelle.

5 comments:

  1. Cute cards. I feel your "frustration" with the Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting better at it El...but still have a long way to go..
      This time though..the Nuvo Drops were the frustrating thing...

      Delete
  2. I have no such thing to work with but I can just imagine how frustrated I would be. Anything new throws me a curve. But I must say I love your pretty cards so keep at it as these are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!