Sunday, December 9, 2018

A CAS Holiday Card with a Beautiful Layered Ornament

Just when I thought that I couldn't be happier with my Cricut card making escapades...
 This card happened..
and my love for my Cricut machines went off of the charts!

Moving forward over this past week from being brand new to the Cricut
and feeling hesitant about experimenting with it to see what the possibilities are
has been nothing but fun!
I'm particularly enjoying customizing the sizing of the images
and choosing images that have lots of scrumptious layers.
Today's cards has both!
A mondo sized image...and lots and lots of layers!

I chose lighter muted traditional holiday colors
and added some Kraft and black card stock colors as well.
The green mat layer was inked.. and matted with some bold bright red glitter paper.
The larger Kraft mat layer was matted with black 
to pick up the largest shadow layer of the ornament.

When I look at this big beautiful uber layered image I think...
Yep...it can stand on its own...
It needs nothing else.

CAS cards are truly my "thing"...
and this card fits the bill.

Everything about this card feels "right " to me...
(The me who shies away from a busy cluttered look on a card.)
The little bit of glitter paper matting peeking out form behind the ornament
is "just enough", I think.


Here's a closer look at the details...

I'm going to put my Cricut to wok later today...
to create a short stack oft this card...
They'll ll be a nice addition to to my Christmas and Holiday card stash!


Thanks for visiting today my  friends!
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Michelle.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!