Friday, December 7, 2018

Holiday Card Making: A CAS Die Cut Christmas Tree

I'm moving ahead with my Cricut skills...
and am now creating cards with more than 2 layers!
Truthfully...the Cricut Explore and maker...
with the ability to edit and create right on my computer screen
make it all so simple...
I really could have been making cards with more than 2 layers 
on Day #1 of taking the Cricut out of the box.
But...
I wanted to take my time...
and work my way through different levels of Cricut-using
and build my Cricut-skills as I went along.
Today's card is one created with 3 (image) layers...
and it was fun to create!
I knew, right away...
that I wanted to use gold metallic card stock for the layer that creates
the ornaments and the star.
So I got out the print and solid colored card stock that I wanted to use...
and got busy cutting the pieces to create a few of this sweet card.

I'm happy with how this card came together...
The gold metallic adds just that little bit of something that this tree needed.

After the tree was assembled..
I gave it a brushing of Clear Wink of Stella
for a little bit of shimmery sparkle.
I matted the plaid print with the same dark green 
that was used to create the shadow layer of the tree.
I chose the gold metallic card stock for the largest mat layer
to add a bit more festive shine.


In the end...I had a short stack of this card
CAS Christmas tree card
that has me wanting to make a few more!


In each of my blog posts this week..
I find myself using the word FUN...
when I mention creating cards with the Cricut Explore..and The Maker.
FUN kinda sums it up best
because I am really...REALLY enjoying all aspects 
of using the Cricut for card making.
I've got a few more projects lined up...
for a few more Cricut inspired cards
and I look forward to sharing them with you here over the next few days.

Thanks for visiting...
Wishing you a fabulous Friday!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!