Thursday, March 30, 2017

Wedding Wishes

A friend needed a wedding card...
By coincidence, I had just purchased a few new wedding stamps...
An image...and a lovely sentiment
(Both were wood mounts that I unmounted....and then remounted onto EZMount.)

I knew, as soon as she asked for a wedding card
that I wanted to create a 5 x 7 card...something that I rarely do...
I also knew that I wanted to use both of the new unmounted-remounted stamps...
and... I also knew that I wanted to create the card with ivory and white metallic card stock...
some vellum..
and some embossing.
And...I wanted the card to be a CAS (Clean And Simple) card...
which is my true type of card making.

Everything came together nicely...
and this is what I came up with...
(and my friend was very happy with the card!)


 The bride and groom image stamp is by Stampendous and is called Happy Couple
The beautiful sentiment stamp is by Inkadinkado and it's called Abound in Love
The embossing folder that I used to emboss the base layer of metallic card stock is by Anna Griffin
I used 2 different shades of ivory metallic card stock for the image layer and base layer
and I used white metallic card stock for matting.
I added an underlay mat layer of vellum.
Everything from the vellum on up was positioned with a large piece of self adhesive fun foam.

It was nice to create a 5x7 card for a change...
and it was also nice to create a wedding card...
Neither of which I do often.
And..it was nice to create a card with two new stamps that were ideal for this card making project!

Best of all...
My friend was very happy with the card!

Thanks for visiting today...
Have a wonderful day my crafty and creative friends...
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!