Sunday, March 26, 2017

Something Bright, and Pink and Spring-y

I needed to switch gears...color-wise.

Lately I've been creating lots of cards using purples...greens...and ivory...
I love that color combo..
But...I was feeling like I needed to switch it up a bit...
and so I created a very CAS card...that's bright..and pink...and Spring-y

I chose a simple , but pretty floral image from Penny Black's Gently Day stamp set
and colored it with Copic markers.
I wanted a large sentiment for the hard front...
and so, I chose Mudra's Happy Birthday sentiment stamp.
I have a big paper pad of pretty, bright and cheerful print paper...
I browsed through the pad....and chose some patterns that I felt complemented the colored image.
I used shimmery bright pink metallic card stock for matting...
and positioned the matted image layer with fun foam, to add some lift & dimension
The card was finished with a few simple rhinestones.


While I've enjoyed creating cards with a purple green and ivory combo of colors..
Shades of pink and green and crisp clean white, together,
is a color combo that I also really like...
and it felt good to switch gears to a different color palette, for this card.

I hope that this card brought a little bit of Springtime and inspiration to you!
Have a wonderful Sunday my crafty and creative friends...
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!