Tuesday, March 14, 2017

I'm Baaaaaaack!!...with Rockstar Pets


It' been a few weeks since I last shared a project here with you at my blog.
But...I'm baaaaaack!
And...
It feels good to have something to share with you today!

While I haven't shared a card here on a few weeks....while I took a little vacation...
I HAVE been busy stamping and coloring images...
I had the intention of coloring a new fresh stack of 100 images...
(Like I did last month)
That intention turned into stack of almost 175 images!
(colored during the last 2 weeks...while on vacation...and since I've returned home)

And now...
I'm ready to start creating 175 cards!
(YAY!!)

Today, I am sharing a few cards created with Brutus/Monroe's Rockstar Pets stamp set
that I picked up from "Auntie Dayna's Card & Things" (Facebook).


I stamped each of the images on Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Card Stock
with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Each of the images, for the 6 cards below
were colored with a combination of Spectrum Noir and Copic (Alcohol) Markers
Background color was added with ink pads and Clarity Stencil Brushes.
I used an assortment of prints
and metallic card stock for matting. 
(I didn't have a small music note stamp....
so I drew some music notes with a marker... in the size that I needed)



I gave this "Rock Star"...a few shimmery orange metallic stars. 



I just LOVE this little guys expression....
with his eyes closed...his tongue wagging
and his snazzy bow tie!


This stamp set has two main images and an assortment of sentiment stamps...a dog...and a cat.
After I finished creating the 3 dog cards...
I decided to create 3 more cards....with this sassy cat...wearing aviator glasses!
Like the dog card above...I used an assortment of prints...and metallics...
Ink...and Clarity Stencil Brushes.
I also used a few stencils to add interest to a few of the backgrounds.


 The background on this card was created with Sheena Douglass' "Burst" Stencil.


Here, I use 5 Layers of prints and metallics
and brushed on some background color.



For the background of this last card... I chose a yellow tone on tone dotted paper...
I created a muted dotted background on the image layer with Carabelle Studio's "Ronds Concentrique" Stencil and Clarity Stencil Brushes.
I matted the image with  a simple narrow black metallic card stock mat layer.



So now....the BIG question...
Do I have a favorite?

Yes, I will confess...
I DO!

I am totally smitten with the dog...
I just love his happy expression!

Thank for visiting today...
Wishing you a wonderful day,  my crafty and creative friends...
Michelle.

PS....Thanks to "Auntie Dayna" for introducing me to this fun Brutus/Monroe stamp set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!