Friday, March 24, 2017

Easter Wishes and Perfect Doily Die Cutting

Before I share today's card with you...
I'd like to mention my love for the GEMINI die cutting machine

Look at this!

This doily die cut was cut perfectly....
with one pass through the Crafter's Companion GEMINI and one additional pass in reverse.
After passing through the GEMINI
The doily die cut fell out of the die...
and every single little piece of what was cut out...
fell out of each and every little hole.
No poker tool
no brush.
It looked exactly like it does in this photo when it exited the machine
(Which is when I took the photo!)

If you'd like to see the GEMINI in action 
you can take  peek at a video that I did when I got my GEMINI last Summer, 
when it first came out.



So what did I do what beautiful detailed doily, you ask?

This is what I did with it!
I created an Easter Card
The stamped image is from a Stampin Up stamp set whose name I can't remember.
(Sorry)
The Easter sentiment is one of many stamps in the Easter Wishes stamp set by Sonny Studio.
The image and mat layer were both created with MFT's Stitched Arched STAX dies.
and the doily was die cut with Cheery Lynn's English Tea Party Doily Die.
I chose purple metallic card stock for the mat layers.
The image was colored with Copic markers.
I brushed color onto the image layer using Clarity Stencil Brushes.
For some added dimension I used self adhesive fun foam behind the doily  
to position the doily/image piece 


You can see all of the nice details in this close-up...
The stitched details...the lacy doily details...and the pretty print
(that just happens to have a lacy doily-like pattern on it)


I'm so glad that the GEMINI is a workhorse for intricate dies.
Without it, I don't think that I'd have attempted to use a lacy doily on this card.
And a doily seems to be exactly what this card needed!

Thanks for visiting today, my crafty and creative friends...
Have a wonderful Friday!
And when you have a sec...check out the GEMINI video...
(I am thinking that after you watch it...you will either add the GEMINI to your crafty wish-list...
or..
You'll order it...ASAP!

Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!