Thursday, March 16, 2017

Venturing Beyond My Comfort Zone

A few months ago, Crafter's Companion US had a HUGE crazy clearance sale at their web site.
75% off lots of stamp sets and equally great pricing on other things like their oversized paper pads.
I had just finished my 6 month term on their Design Team....
and so between my DT acquisitions...
and my big stash of Crafter's Companion goodies from my pre-DT days...
I really had LOTS (emphasis on L O T S) of Crafter's Companion stamps in my studio.

But...the clearance sale was too good to ignore...
so I methodically went through everything on sale...
and purchased lots more stamp sets...
including some that weren't really "my style"...
in hopes of trying something new...and enjoying it.

If I had my way...I would always create cards with flowers...and floral images...
and I would water color them.
However...I TRY to always expand my card making repertoire...
and so, in spite of myself...
I DO make NON- floral cards!

When I placed the Crafter's Companion Clearance Sale order....
I added a whole bunch of Scruffy Little Kitten and Bebunni stamp sets my shopping cart...
I  loved the Bebunni sets...
But, I can't say that I was loving the Scruffy Little Kitten sets...
Still...I figured I'd give them a try....
I was;t even sure I'd like creating cards with them...
but at less than $2.50 per stamp set...
I figured...why not!

Last night...I stamped the main image out....from a few different sets...
I got out my Copics...and colored them

The result?
I surprised myself!
I actually like them!
They're very "not-me"....but I really like them.


I haven't made the colored images into cards...yet...
but thought I'd share the colored images with you simply because they're so cute.

I'm  to sure what's left at the Crafter's Companion web site as far as the Clearance Sale goes...
But I do know that I'm very happy that I took the plunge and ordered a while bunch of the Scruffy Little Kitten stamp sets...
because they add something different to my usual repertoire...

Moral of this story?
Step outside of your box.
You might be surprised!

Have a great day my crafty and creative friends!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!