Wednesday, March 15, 2017

It's Time for a Few Easter Cards

It suddenly dawned on me that Easter is right around the corner.
and that means that
It's time for me to get started on creating a few Easter cards!

My new stack of stamped and colored images has a few Easter images
from the Sunny Studio's "Easter Wishes" stamp set.
So...I plucked them from the stack...and created 5 cards....
and.... as I always do when creating multiples...
I created cards that are similar...but different...
3 of one...2 of the other...

By the way...sorry about the fuzzy photos...
I switched cameras...and now, after seeing these photos...
I know that I need to go back to my other camera...


This stamp set has lots of great stamp elements....
and...it also has a few different sentiments that fit in the curve of the drape on the cross...
For this card...I chose "Easter Blessings" sentiment...
and the larger sentiment, as well.
I colored the image for both card versions with Copic and Spectrum Noir (alcohol) markers.

For the  card below, I stenciled and created the background with Sheena Douglass' "Burst" stencil.
I created a vellum eyelet border with a Martha Stewart punch that I have had for ages...
(but rarely use)
I used Clarity Stencil brushes to add some green ink in the grassy area...
and I finished the card with some fine gold thread.
The background print is a muted purple swiss dot...and the mat layer is yellow matte card stock



I used the same sketch for creating 3 of the second version of this card...
This time...I chose a light green swiss dot print...
and changed the sentiment on the drape to.... "Easter Blessings"
I used the same punched velum eyelet border on each card
and matted the image with deep purple metallic card stock.




Isn't this a cute stamp set?


Well...I now have 5 Easter cards......
I have a few more Easter-y images colored and ready for card making...
so they'll be next on my Easter card making list!

Thanks for visiting my crafty and creative friends!
Have a wonderful day!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!