Monday, July 11, 2016

"Toadily Happy" with Pencils and Markers

I'm still at it....
I'm still enjoying my new fangled way of coloring...
with markers...
topped off with pencil highlighting, detailing and shading.

I'm also enjoying using lots of new stamps for the first time.

I always gravitate toward creating floral cards
(and water coloring the blooms)
But lately, I have given attention to adding some non-floral images to my daily card making.

The stamp that I chose to work with is Toadily Happy...by Penny Black 
It's adorable, I think.
I've always liked frogs 
(in real life)
So it make sense that I like this image of this happy little green speckled guy.
I also like the image details...
The long reeds of pond grass....the butterfly...
the snail...the lily pad....
the little flowers...
Well..okay, okay...
let's just say that I like everything about this image.

I stamped the image onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth white card stock with Memento ink..
and added color with Stampin Up markers first...
then highlighted and shaded with Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils.
When the coloring was done..
I matted the image on kraft card stock...
and added a little bit of twine...
and wha-la!
A Toadily Happy card!


I don't need to go on and on about this little guy...
Simply said: 
He is a little green cutie
He's adorable..and so happy.
Even his snail pal is smiling!
I think that I am in love!
and...
I'll be creating more cards with this green cutie very soon...for sure!

Thanks for visiting today...
and if you haven't given marker & pencil coloring try....
Try it!
It's really lots of fun...
and you'll expand your ideas about using color......about blending
...and how to make a colored image look more detailed.
Have a great day!
Michelle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!