Sunday, July 3, 2016

"Fresh" Flowers

I've had this Penny Black Stamp single set aside with a few other stamps
in a little pile...next to my worktable...
(aka..my to-do pile)

That's the place where I put stamp sets that are at the top of my card making to-do list

This Penny Black stamp single called Fresh 
was next up on the list.
How does a stamp set become "next up" you ask?
It catches my eye...
that's all...
It's that simple!

I should also add...
I own a whole lotta Stampin Up alcohol markers...
purchased when they first came out.
They were used once..and never used again..
So I took those babies out of the drawer..
and used them to color this image...
PS..I like the markers
Why have I not used them more often?
???

 I chose colors that would create pink-coral blooms and buds

You can see the pink/coral color variation in this photo...
The print used for both mat layers are from a really pretty DCWV 12 x 12 paper pad
(don't ask me which paper pad....I have no clue!)
This card seems like a good match for some twine...
so..I knotted up some twine
chose some sequins.....
and secured both to the image layer.



Here's a close up...
The Stampin Up alcohol markers 
allowed me to create the coral-pink blooms that I had hoped to create
with some nice color shading.


I really like this Penny Black image..
I'm thinking that I'd like to create another card with it one day soon...
with yellow blooms...

Thanks for visiting...
and have a wonderful Sunday!
Michelle.

Card making friends...No supply list today...
Key supply items have all been noted in the blog post above (stamp info..marker info etc)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!