Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Christmas in July Week 4...."Christmas Cocoa" Pocket Card with Tag & Gift Card Holder

It's Wednesday!
and...
that means that it's time for me to welcome you to
Week 4 of Crafter's Companion Design Team Christmas in July
here at my blog!.

Today is the last Wednesday of the month...
which means that this is also the final week...
and final project of Christmas In July...here at my blog.
It's been lots of fun creating Christmas related projects this month..

This week, for my final holiday themed project 
I've got a great stamp set to share...
and a fun pocket card/tag/gift card holder to show you!

I had THE BEST TIME creating this Christmass-y project.
I enjoyed coloring this great image
and I enjoyed the creative process of creating the pocket card and tag.

When it was done...
I thought that I'd like to create a box for this "card" 
Mainly because it's too large for a standard envelope...
but also because if it were to be given in a box...
it would really be more gift-like.
Looking ahead to the Holidays...
I already know who I would like to give this pocket style gift card to!

I loved using the Crafter's Companion pre-cut/pre-scored pocket card
and large tag...
both are Shimmering Card Stock.
Sheena Douglass' Christmas Cocoa stamp set is wonderful.
The large main image has so many nice details...
the smaller image and sentiments are equally as nice.

I stamped the main image onto Spectrum Noir Watercolour Cardstock
with Waterproof ink
All of the coloring was done with Spectrum Noir AquaBlend Markers
and the shimmery highlights on the whipped cream 
were done with a Clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle marker.

 The pocket card...with the tag tucked inside...
...with some nice wide shimmery ribbon for an extra pop of color...


The front of the pocket...
Lots of color...
lots of great detail..
The cinnamon sticks were colored...cut out...positioned and attached with foam dimensionals.


The tag slides out of the pocket....
and doubles as a gift card holder!
All of the stamped and water collared elements
are part of the large main image that is on the front of the pocket.
I water colored each one...
cut each one out...
I then created the matted sentiment piece...
and arranged all of the pieces on the gift card pocket that I attached to the card front.



Here's a close-up...



The tag slides right into the pocket card...
and is a perfect fit!



I'm really looking forward to using this Pocket Card/Gift Card holder card 
at Christmastime!
This weeks "Christmas in July project
is a card...plus a whole lot more...
and..
was lots of fun to create!

Thanks for visiting!
I hope that you've enjoyed this month of Christmass-y projects!
Have a great day!
Michelle.

Supply List:
                    Shimmering Tags 6 pc. Package - Pearl White
                    Crafter's Companion Watercolour Cardstock
                Colors Used for this project:Terracotta, Gold, Peach, Topaz, Desert, Burgundy, Scarlet, Crimson, Peacock Blue, Jasmine, Chestnut, Sepia, Chocolate, Fawn, Leaf Green, Evergreen, Moss, Slate
Misc: Trimmer, Scissors, Adhesives, Dimensionals, Ribbon, paint brushes, water receptacle



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!