Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Christmas in July ~ Week 3....Welcome Home

It's Wednesday!
and...
that means that it's time for my Crafter's Companion Design Team project here at my blog...
and....
it's also Week 3 of my Christmas in July projects!

Today I am sharing a beautiful stamp set with you....
Crafter's Companion's "Welcome Home" by Sheena Douglass

I thought that this image seemed ideal for an Easel Card...
and also for some water coloring with Spectrum Noir AquaBlend Pencils.
I stamped part of the large evergreen tree on narrow strips of water color card stock 
to finish the sides of the easel card.
The main image...as well as the side panels 
are all matted with Candy Red Shimmering card stock.
The dog was cut out..and positioned with foam dimensionals



This image has lots of beautiful details...
and they were all fun to color...
and just as I thought....
and Easel Card was the perfect choice for a base card!


Sheena Douglass images are always a favorite of mine for water coloring...
The style of her sketches are...as the saying goes...
"right up my alley"!
I can now add this stamp set to my list of Sheena Douglass faves!


Thanks for checking in today for Week 3 of Christmas in July
here at my blog.
I already have next week's Christmassy project in the works...
so be sure to check in again next Wednesday
to see what I've got up my sleeve!

Have a great day , my crafty friends!
Michelle

Supply List:
                    Shimmering Cardstock 6" x 6" ~ Candy Red
Coloring: Spectrum Noir AquaBlend Pencils in the following colors:
                 Champagne, Wheat, Dove Grey, Gravel, Red Berry, Oregano, Clay, Cypress,
                  Cherrywood, Kiwi, Hickory, Brunette, Beeswax, Ginger, Sky Blue, Sorrel
Misc: Trimmer, Scissors, Foam Dimensionals, Memento Ink, Adhesives, paint brushes & a water
           receptacle.                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!