Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A Very Baseball-y and METS-y Thank You

If you know me in my "off-line" life...
you know that my sweetheart, Gary (aka Gary Mack) is a podcaster... 
and is involved in 3 weekly shows that he does from his home studio.
He goes solo on 2 shows...
and co-hosts with a friend...on the 3rd  show...
All 3 shows are all about.....
Baseball...
Gary's solo shows are:
METS MUSINGS...a show all about the New York Mets
CYCLONES FEVERCAST ....a show that's all about the Brooklyn Cyclones
and the 3rd show that he co-hosts is:
MLB THIS WEEK ....a show that's all about baseball...and everything baseball !

If you're a baseball fan....you'll love the shows...
so be sure to take a listen!

Yesterday, Gary received a baseball related gift yesterday...
and needed a Thank You card 
and so...
 last night...he asked me to whip up a Thank You card.

I was immediately excited...
because I knew exactly which stamp set I wanted to use....
"PLAY BALL".....by Power Poppy

I used Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers for color....
and even snuck in a little bit of NY METS color on the banner...
by adding some orange and blue
The fantastic shimmery card stock is from LCI.
I used the Scan N Cut to cut out the banner...
The image layer and the banner were both positioned using foam dimensionals.

After the card was complete.
I brought it into Gary's studio to show it to him...
and...
he LOVED IT!!
(I love it too...and will definitely be using this stamp set again....soon)

I am always on the hunt for baseball stamps...
This stamp set has some great images...and lots of nice sentiments and single words


I was able to get the colors, shading and highlighting that I wanted for each image element 
by blending Spectrum Noir colors.
and...
I LOVE the banner...
(Thank you Scan N Cut for impeccable cutting!)


I know that the recipient of this card (who is a big time baseball fan)
 will like it as much as Gary and I do...
I'm so glad that Gary asked me to create a thank you card...
because it gave me a reason to use this stamp set, for the first time...
(The "first" of what will be many times!)


Thanks for visiting...
Don't forget to visit Gary's shows to listen to an episode or two...
and...I've got one final thought...
LET'S GO METS!

Have a great day!
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Love ur card, my grandson plays baseball. It would be a nice card for him, letting him know how proud I m of him ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!....This is a great stamp set, Mona....

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!