Thursday, July 14, 2016

(Happily) Stuck on Coloring with Markers and Pencils

Yep...
Today's blog title says it all...
I am (happily) stuck on coloring with markers and pencils.

I have been having the best time this past week coloring with markers
and highlighting the colored images with pencils.
(Confession: I am missing my water coloring a little bit)

I fell in love with this Potter Shed image....by Penny Black ...as soon as I saw it.
and so...
it was next up for card making...
and...
I decided to color it with markers and pencils!

I stamped the image on Ultra smooth card stock with Memento ink
Card stock is PTI and Stampin Up
The banner was cut using a banner die by The Stamps of Life...
The sentiment is by Stampin Up
Coloring was done with Stampin Up Markers
and
shading and highlighting was doen wint Spectrum Noir Blendable pencils
(I have all 5 collections and WOW!!..The spectrum and assortment of colors is phenomenal)

So here were go...
Penny Black's Potter's Shed
Colored with markers and pencils...

Isn't this a great little image?
It's got SO MANY wonderful details
and was lots of fun to color and create a card with!


I read ...somewhere in my crafty on line travels....
that when coloring an image...
it's best to stick to 3 main colors...
and one additional color that is used minimally.
I''ve bene more mindful of that theory lately when creating cards...
and when coloring this image as well...
and I have to say...I kinda like it!


One word:
LOVE
I love this image.
(When have I NOT loved a Penny Black image?)


This was a fun image to create a card with...
and after a week's time...
 I am now totally hooked on marker/pencil coloring.

Thanks for visiting...
have a wonderful day...
and make sure to carve out a little piece of time today for some creativity!
Michelle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!