Sunday, July 10, 2016

Marker Coloring + Pencil Highlighting and Shading = Something Wonderful !

Remember Tea Cup Trio?
The card  that I created the other day...
colored straight up...
 "old school"style...
with Stampin Up markers?
Nothing fancy schmancy...
no complicated techniques...
Just me...
my markers...
and a nice image to color.

Well...
today, I'm sharing another marker colored card...
and I've kicked it up a notch 
with some pencil highlighting and shading.

The supply list is short:
White card stock (PTI)...colored card stock (LCI)
some print paper (DCWV)
....Memento Ink...
The stamp (Penny Black: Good Neighbors)
Stampin Up markers...and Spectrum Noir Bendable pencils
and some twine.


I truly enjoyed spending time in my crafty oasis (aka my studio)
relaxing....
coloring this image and creating this card...

After coloring the image with markers...
I highlighted and shaded each element of the image with Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils...
The marker/pencil combination brings some beautiful results...
Very different than alcohol marker coloring and blending...
But equally as nice...in a different way..
*With alcohol markers the blending flows and is seamless...
Pencil shading and highlighting over marker color is not smooth and seamless..
Instead..it's visible...
which I love.

Here's a closeup...
You can see where pencil color was layered over the marker color
to create detailing, highlighting and shading
If you prefer alcohol marker blending...
this look might not be your thing...
This is a more rustic, raw look...
where color addition/ layering and definition IS visible.


How do I like this, you ask?
I LOVE it...
and...
I am already thinking of another new stamp that I would like to color
using  marker/pencil coloring.

and...
now I am wondering how chalk pencils would work when layered over marker coloring
(Sounds like another coloring experiment is on the horizon for me!)

Thanks for visiting..
I hope that this card and coloring info inspires you to give this a try!
Have a great day!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!