Saturday, August 31, 2019

WHIMSICAL HOLLY: Creating a Set of CAS Heat Embossed Holiday Cards with Metallic Card Stock

Hello Friends!

Today I'm sharing my final project, created for the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Design Team's August Winter/Holiday/Christmas Card Making Marathon.

I've enjoyed creating each and every one of this months cards for the marathon...and today's set of cards are right up there on my list of fave August marathon cards!

I love LCI Paper's metallic card stock and knew that I wanted to go the route of heat embossing with Blue Knight's WHIMSICAL HOLLY stamp set and and a few favorite sentiments....so I put the three together to create this set of holiday cards.

First up...
WHIMSICAL HOLLY... with a sentiment from the LOVE WAS BORN stamp set...
Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder...LCI Curious Metallic SUPER GOLD and ICE GOLD card stock


Next....
WHIMSICAL HOLLY...sentiment from the COME LET US ADORE HIM stamp set...
LCI PAPER Curious Metallic SUPER GOLD and a generic forest green metallic card stock...fine detail gold embossing powder

The 3rd card...
WHIMSICAL HOLLY...sentiment from the LOVE WAS BORN stamp set...Fine detail gold embossing powder...LCI Curious metallic SUPER GOLD card stock and LCI Paper's Stardream SILVER metallic card stock

And the 4th...and final card in this set...
WHIMSICAL HOLLY...sentiment from the LOVE IS BORN stamp set...Fine detail Gold embossing powder...LCI Curious SUPER GOLD card stock and Curious metallic RED LACQUER card stock


This was a fun, easy short stack of Holiday cards to create. I love the sparkle and shimmer of both the heat embossing used for the images and for embossing the sentiments... as well as the outlined images created with the WHIMSICAL HOLLY stamp set.
Using this assortment of LCI PAPER metallic card stock was perfect for this project, I think.

I've got a few helpful links for the supplies used to create today's cards:
You'll find Blue Knight Rubber Stamps WHIMSICAL HOLLY stamp set HERE
Blue Knight's LOVE WAS BORN and COME LET US ADORE HIM stamp sets HERE
and LCI PAPER'S METALLIC CARD STOCK  can be found HERE

Thanks for visiting today!
Wishing you a wonderfully creative day!
Michelle.

6 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I am going to check out that cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heidi!
      (LCI has the best metallic card stock...it was perfect for this set of cards, I think)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful set of cards and I can just imagine how elegant they look in person. I have some metallic card stock that I should try embossing on. Never even occurred to me to use it that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Verna!
      If you give this a try...Please don't forget to share pics on FB and tag my name so I don't miss seeing them! ;)

      Delete
  3. Michelle,gorgeous simple cards ! Love the shine! That metallic paper is the best !
    It gives a wonderful backing and pop’s the gold embossing power! Love them all
    Thanks for all your creations this week ! 🎈🐢🐒😇

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!