Saturday, August 24, 2019

Winter Covered Bridge


Hello my crafty and creative friends!

It's time for me to share another of my weekly Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Design Team August Winter/Holiday/Christmas Themed Card Making Marathon projects with you!

Today is actually the last day of the month long Marathon!
I hope that you've enjoyed following along.
(Next week, when September arrives...it's NEW ELEASE time for Blue Knight Rubber Stamps...and I'll have lots of great cards to share with you throughout the month!)

But today... I'm still in Winter/Holiday/Christmas mode...and I'm sharing a card created with Blue Knight's WINTER COVERED BRIDGE stamp.

This stamp is a large card front sized image that has lots of wonderful detail.

I opted to use Copics to add color to my WINTER COVERED BRIDGE card, but I wanted to do color blending that gave a water color-ish look, as opposed to using the Copics to create bold dense and opaque color....especially on the sky, the stream and the path.

When the image was colored, I double matted it with a bronze-like glitter card stock and and a larger deep rd metallic card stock from LCI PAPER.



I love the crisp look of this card...a look that is easily created with Copics.
I also like the contrast of color...with some colors being bold and others being softer .
I also love that the image can stand along on a card front because it's big and beautifully details.


I've got a few handy links to share with you....
You'll find
The Blue Knight Rubber Stamps WINTER COVERED BRIDGE stamp HERE
and
LCI PAPER metallic card stock HERE

Thanks so much for visiting today...
Wishing you a wonderfully creative day!
Michelle

8 comments:

  1. cute card, but someone or something is missing in it!
    maybe a truck w a tree? kids? a deer? something that would bring it a bit more to life. but wonderful start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the thoughts...
      If you make a card with one of your ideas...and share it on FB...pls tag my name...I'd love to see what you create!

      Delete
  2. That is a great winter scene and I love the way you colored it. Makes for a fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Verna!
      I love this stamp...so many great details to enjoy coloring.

      Delete
  3. Michelle, love the card ! It is really Winter! Love the bridge in Red , and the road
    Is so true to color with the earth and snow mix! Love it 💕🎈🐢🐒

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Therese!
      I LOVED creating this card....this image has so many great details...which translates to lots of coloring joy!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!