Saturday, August 17, 2019

Creating a Poinsettia Card...2 Ways

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

I am SO excited about the cards that I am sharing today...and my excitement is about a few things.

#. I am thoroughly enjoying our Blue Knight Design Team August Winter/Holiday/Christmas Themed Card Making Marathon!

#2. I have FINALLY found a poinsettia stamp/image that I like.

#3. I was able to create a PanPastel vintage-toned background...something that I have been wanting to do for a while now....but kept forgetting to try.

So...my excitement about today's cards means that I am going to dive right in to sharing them with you...no more chit-chat (at least for now...)

I created both of today's cards with Blue Knight Rubber Stamps POINSETTIA stamp.
I'll share the Copic colored version first

I did basic Copic coloring, blending and shading to create this card.
I wanted a very clean and crisp look..so I opted to leave the background white.
For matting the image layer, I chose traditional Christmas red glitter card stock and for the larger mat layer, LCI Paper's metallic green card stock was perfect!

CAS...bright...crisp...and a POINSETTIA image that I really like...a lot.
I can now say that after 20+ years of card making...I have made a POINSETTIA card that I'm happy with.
I will NOT be selling THIS POINSETTIA stamp at any of my crafty garage sales in the future.
THIS one is a keeper! 💗



Now...the second card...
(Be still my heart)
This card made my crafty little heart so happy.
Heat embossing this beautiful POINSETTIA with gold embossing powder and coloring this image with Blue Knight's PanPastels was so much fun!
Blending colors...creating colors...shading the POINSETTIA petals and leaves...and creating the background that I've had in mind for a while were all such wonderful creative experiences.
Both mat layers were created with LCI Paper's metallic card stock...which added a beautiful subtle shimmer to this already shimmery card.
I used foam to position the matted image layer for added dimension.


Look at that gorgeous shimmer....from the heat embossing and the metallic card stock!

I had the best time creating today's cards.
I enjoy both methods of coloring images...Copics...and PanPastels...
Both looks are looks that I seem to gravitate to whenever I create a card and combining that with a great image brought me lots of card making joy!

I've got a few helpful links to share:
You'll find
The POINSETTIA stamp HERE
The Blue Knight Select PanPastels HERE
and the LCI Paper metallic card stock HERE


I hope that you've found a little bit of inspiration here at my blog today!
Thanks for visiting...
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Michelle.

6 comments:

  1. Michelle have seen many poinsettias but as you say none as gorgeous as this one by itself it’s the real spirit of Christmas ! The first one with copic ‘s is beautifully shaded with great background papers , the second one is Pan Pastels with a shimmering look with the gold embossing power! There to a very powerful card !
    Love them both ! Happy weekend ! 🎈🐢🐒

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Therese!
      I'm very picky about poinsettia images...
      THIS is the first time in a very long time that I can say...I LOVE this poinsettia!

      Delete
  2. I fully understand why you liked this poinsettia stamp. It is gorgeous and I love the two different ways you used it too. Those cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cards. Love poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Therese!
      I'm very picky when it comes to poinsettia images...
      THIS is the first poinsettia I've LOVED...in a long long time!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!