Saturday, August 3, 2019

AWAY in a MANGER: Creating a Classic (CAS Copic Colored) Christmas Card

Hello Everyone!

I'm happy to be participating in the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Design Team's August Winter/Holiday/Christmas Themed Card making Marathon!

My first card of the month is a Christmas classic!

I chose to begin my Christmas card making with Blue Knight Stamps AWAY IN A MANGER stamp.
I love that this is a large, card front sized stamp and beautifully detailed image.

I opted to color the image with Copics and because the image filled the card front...I also kept it all very CAS (Clean and Simple). I focused on shading and blending colors to get them as I wanted them for each of the scenes elements....
I enjoyed using an assortment of Copics to do the blending, shadowing and shading and to get the hay...manger...Baby Jesus...window frame..stone walls...hay fork....ground....bucket and starlit sky as I wanted  them to be.
To finish the card I chose gold and blue metallic card stock from LCI PAPER.

If you love to color, love classic Christmas card images...and love scene cards...the AWAY IN A MANGER stamp is perfect for you!

If you'd like to create AWAY IN THE MANGER Christmas cards, like the one I've shared today...
Head over to the Blue Knight Stamps web store where you'll find the AWAY IN A MANGER stamp (HERE)
The metallic card stock by LCI PAPER can be found HERE 

To follow the Blue Knight Design Team's August Marathon of  Winter/Holiday/Christmas card making...check in HERE, at the Blue Knight Blog every day for new card making ideas and inspiration!
Thanks for stopping by today...
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Michelle.

6 comments:

  1. Michelle,beautiful card! Added to the wishlist! The coloring is also beautiful just like we imagine the way the far left when Jesus was born. You have a technique or are you go around the image can you please refresh my memory as to what color the copic pen is that you used to do this thank you again a beautiful card? 🎈🐢🐒🐢✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Therese
      The shadow line around the image is usually a light grey Copic..(cant think of the #)
      This time I use Spectrum Noir alcohol marker...again...no clue about the #...LOL
      next time I'm in the studio..I'll check the number for you

      Delete
  2. So peaceful & serene! Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us! 😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful scene and perfect for the Christmas season. And, your coloring of it is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Verna...
      This is the prettiest and most lovely manger scene stamp I've ever seen...
      I loved creating this card

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!