Saturday, August 10, 2019

Creating A Snowy Birch Path Card

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

Today I'm sharing a Winter themed card as one of my weekly project for Blue Knight Rubber Stamps August Winter/Holiday/Christmas Themed Card Making Marathon.

I've chose Blue Knight's BIRCH PATH stamp for today's card


This BIRCH PATH snowy Winter scene card was a cinch to create and that means it one of those cards that are ideal for Holiday card making because you can make a stack of them...or lots of them...easily.

I started by stamping the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink using a stamp positioning tool.
*I left the stamp in in the tool after I stamped the image so that it would be in position for the second stamping.

I used Blue Knight Select PanPastel palettes to add color to the image.
That's the super speedy part because PanPastel coloring is really easy...and the color applies and blends easily.

Although the snowy areas look like they're not colored...they were!
I applied White Pearl (Fine) Shimmer for a snowy shimmery tint
When the image was colored, I matted it on silver mirror card stock and positioned it on a blue card base with foam, for added dimension.

And that's it!
Wha-la!
A card!
See?
This card IS as quick and easy as I told you it would be!

PS
I didn't add a sentiment to this card...yet....
(Because I couldn't decide which sentiment I wanted to use. 😉 )
Decisions Decisions.

Although this month is all about Winter.Holiday/Christmas card making for all of us on the Blue Knight Design Team...I do want to share one more card pic with you...so that you can see how versatile the BIRCH PATH stamp is.


Just by changing up the PanPastel colors that I used...I transformed the stamped image into a Springtime scene.
Instead of a snow rimmed path...I added blended tones of blue to transform the path into a stream.
Instead of shimmer snowy landscape areas...I added grassy and light soil colors to the image

(I also added the dog from the COWGIRL and COWBOY stamp set to this scene)
And, because the trunks of birch trees are generally shades of white/off white...I left them white.

(Yes...I'm sure that you noticed...no sentiment again...because again...I could not decide....But let's just say that I deliberately did that so that YOU can see and appreciate the entire image!...That sounds better than "Michelle couldn't decide")

I hope that the snowy Birch Path  card has inspired you today...and allowed you to realize that not every colored image has to be a labor intensive project....especially if you use PanPastels
(If you'd like to see PanPastels in action and exactly how easy they are to use..head over to the Blue Knight YouTube channel HERE....to see a few of Lynn's PanPastel videos)

I also hope that seeing the Springtime version of today's featured stamp and card that you've been inspired to see versatility when you're creating.

Here are a few useful links

You'll find
The Birch Path stamp...HERE
Blue Knight Select PanPastel Palettes...HERE 
and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel...HERE

Thanks for stopping by today!
Wishing you a wonderful and creative day!
Michelle.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle,you never cease to amaze me two more beautiful cards with the same stamp and showing us how easy it is to change out for just colors ! I love the no sentiment thing also because every time I apply one I find that I would rather use that card with another sentiment ! Thanks for the great start to my Saturday, happy weekend! 🎈🐢🐒🐢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Therese!
      This was anther fun image to create cards with...
      SO easy...and so versatile!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous scene and I love the additions you included with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!