Thursday, August 8, 2019

Making a Change in My Creative Life

Hello Friends!

I'm putting together a quickie blog post to share some news with you...

After thinking...re-thinking and thinking some more...and then some more after that...I've decided to make some changes...switch things up.....in the creative portion of my life.

There's so much that I could share about this...the why...the when...the thought process...the reasons...
But it all boils down to one big thing...
I'm going to change things up a bit...switch things up...take a different creative path...maybe not forever..but at least for the foreseeable future...

I'm going to be setting aside card making as I've known and loved it for almost 2 decades...(Copic coloring..water coloring...pencil coloring...and PanPastel card making and more)...and I'm going to focus on creating cards that are primarily die cut.....as well as spending time doing lots of Cricut related creating...and working on vinyl projects.

This doesn't mean that I'll never stamp...paint...or color another card...
But for now, I will be going through and selling most of my huge amount of stamping/card making  related things.
I'll hold onto stamp sets that are compatible with what my new focus is....but I'm guesstimating that I'll be parting with about 1500 stamp sets...as well as an overage of ink pads...embellishments and other things that are mostly card making related.

Yes..in some sort of way....it's a little bit scary...
Like all of you I LOVE the things that I have..
But truth be told...
There just isn't enough time for me to pursue everything that I'd like to be doing, creatively speaking...simultaneously.
So after mulling this over for  more than a year... and sharing my thoughts with my sweetheart, Gary...I've decided to take the plunge and start a new creative chapter in my life.

I know that I'll never walk away from my beloved stamping and above all water coloring...I love it too much..and always will...
But now..that just won't be my #1 go-to "thing" that I do when I have time to create.
Instead...I'll be enjoying doing lots of die cutting...and vinyl related projects.
And best of all...I'll be working on some things with my daughter, Chelsea...whom I adore.

This means that beginning NOW, I have a huge studio clean out to do...and it's got to be done ASAP...because on September 14th..I'll be having a HUGE CRAFTY GARAGE SALE here with 9 of my crafty pals. who will also be selling their unwanted...unused....unloved ..excessive amount of crafting items.
As for me...I'll be going through every nook and cranny of my studio and gathering up everything related to card making that I wont be holding on to.
Emphasis on EVERYTHING...

I have wayyyy over 2000 stamp sets...and the plan is to hold on to no more than 200-300 sets...

All of this feels good...and exciting.
In the non-creative portion of my life I always welcome change...because I believe it keeps a person...fresh....re-newed...open minded...growing...and learning...
I believe that this change of path with my creative life will be all of that and more and I am looking REALLY forward to the journey!

All of this being said...
I'll be continuing on as Design Team Coordinator for Blue Knight Rubber Stamps, which will keep me making  stamped, water colored and inked cards that you've come to know as my "style" when it comes to card making. As a matter of a fact, I've got some cards lined up for the coming weeks for Blue Knight's August Winter/Holiday/Christmas card Making Marathon that I'll be sharing here at my blog!

I'll never stop loving the style of card making that has been my creative passion for decades now...
But I also love the idea of making a change....doing a massive overhaul of my studio...moving lots of things OUT...and lots of things IN..... and cultivating a new focus...and some new creative adventures to share with you here, at my blog.

I hope that you'll continue to join me here at my blog, as I venture down new creative paths...
I'd love to take you along on the journey!

Thanks for stopping by today...
Wishing you many joyful creative adventures of your own..
Michelle.

PS..here's the "poster" for the crafty garage Sale...
If you live nearby...stop by on the 14th of September!


14 comments:

  1. Wow!! Good for you. I hope I can remember to catch the sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy...If you were nearby I'd say stop over on the14th of September...
      There will be 9 of us here selling out craft clean-out goodies...
      LOTS of "stuff"

      Delete
  2. Michelle, WOW what a great new adventure in your life ! The hardest thing is going
    Through every thing to say I know this needs a new home ! This needs to stay with me for a little longer ! But what an awesome sale with Nine of you !
    I wish you the best of everything in your new adventure and can’t wait to see your new creations and your updated studio!
    Out of all the studios I have seen I love your layout the best ! Can’t wait !
    🎈🐢🐒🐢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel Therese....
      That this is an adventure!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Good luck. It is important to do what makes you happy. I think that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you in New Jersey? Sounds exciting. I need to to thin out also. I hope all goes well in your venture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on Long Island Carol Ann....
      And yes...it's a great feeling to move thing out....

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your new creative path. I am glad you will still be showing Blue Knight designs as I love to see how you use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Verna!
      New adventures for me..but my love of Blue Knight hasn't changed...at all!
      Thanks for always being so kind and supportive.

      Delete
  6. That's a huge change! I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next and wish you the best of luck with the sale! Wish I was near by and I'd come! I'm not sure where Oceanside is.... there is an Oceanside in CA but I'm thinking that is not what state you are located in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Denise...
      Thanks so much!...New creative adventures are always exciting!
      (I'm on Long Island)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info! Your sale sounds awesome! I imagine you are up to your ears in sorting and pricing! Good luck with the sale!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!