Saturday, October 3, 2020

Cute Koala: Creating Cards with a Blue Knight Rubber Stamps September New Release Stamp

Hello, my Crafty and Creative Friends!

I've got a little bit of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Design Team Inspiration for you today!

I'm sharing 2 cards that I've created with Blue Knight Rubber Stamps September New release CUTE KOALA stamp.

This large. the card-front-sized stamp was so much fun to color and create a card with!

I used Copics to color each of today's cards....
The finished cards are similar...but different...

For the first card...I stamped the image on white card stock...
Colored the image with Copics...and inked the background to create the sky and sunglow

The Koala didn't require much coloring...just a bit of grey shading with a few different grey Copics

After the image was colored...I trimmed it to size...and double matted it, first with black card stock and then with green card stock

The completed card came together as I had hoped it would....with the color palette that I wanted.

The second card was also Copic colored...with a variation to the sketch of the first card ...created by using a "spotlight" piece

I started out by stamping the image on Kraft card stock with brown ink.
I colored the image...and inked the sky and matted the piece with black card stock before setting the piece aside.

Next, I stamped the image onto a piece of cream-colored card stock...and used a rectangle-shaped die to cut out the center of the image to create the "spotlight" piece
I discarded the outer  portion...and used Copics to color the die cut piece
When the smaller "spotlight" piece was colored, I matted it with black card stock

I used a piece of foam to position the smaller "spotlight" piece on top of the larger piece...paying special attention to match the smaller piece directly over the corresponding part of the image on the larger piece.

I chose gold metallic card stock for the largest mat layer to complete this card
 

Creating cards with the CUTE KOALA stamp was lots of fun!
I love the details on this image...and enjoyed creating each of today's cards.

You can find today's featured stamp HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store


Some other helpful links:

Subscribe to my blog, if you' like...on the upper right of this blog page.

Visit and subscribe to my YouTube channel HERE

Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE

Blue Knight's Inspire and Create Blog is HERE

and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, the Koala 🐨 is so cute and he looks so adorable in the first card with th eucalyptus tree ! And the shiny sun in the back , the second card makes such a statement with the in laying of the colored card to the mat ! Love it ! 🐢🐒🎈😇🐨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Therese!
      These were fun cards to create!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!