Saturday, October 10, 2020

Creating Cards with Blue Knight Rubber Stamps New Release: Daddy's Home

 Hello, my Crafty and Creative Friends!

Today I'm sharing 2 cards that I've created as my Weekly Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Design Team Weekly Inspiration card making projects.

For today's cards...I inked up BKRS's New Release DADDY'S HOME  stamp.
I created one card that's ideal for those who enjoy coloring...and a second version to those who enjoy coloring....a little bit less <wink> 

I chose to use Copics to color both cards....with some added brushed-on inking on one card, for the sky.

Coloring this image with Copics was lots of fun!
This image has lots of great details...and lots of opportunities to add and blend color.
After the image was colored, I created the cloudy sky with Blue Knight's HEIDI PETTIE CLOUD STENCIL...and brushed on color from a blue ink pad...




Here's a good view of the cloudy sky


To finish the card, I chose double matting, in blue and green


This is such a sweet, beautifully detailed image...perfect for so many occasions and a perfect match for an assortment of sentiments if you choose to add a sentiment inside of the card...
I'm thinking.....this is the perfect stamp for creating Father's Day cards!

                 


My 2nd card was created for those who love to create cards...enjoy coloring...but in limited ways...
I stamped the image on cream colored card stock...stamped with brown ink...
Then I die cut the center of the image out with a rectangle die...and colored that die cut piece.
I double matted the uncolored piece, as shown, with  brown and deep red card stock, and  positioned it on the base card 
After the smaller die cut piece was colored, I matted it with brown card stock...backed the matted piece with foam..and foam and positioned it over the uncolored piece....giving attention to lining up the image lines with precision.
And wha-la...
The card was complete!


You can see the added dimension here...
Thanks to the foam that was placed  behind the matted image piece

If you love to color...give the first version of today's cards a try....
If you're hesitant to color...give the second version a try...
Or...maybe...create one of each card!


You can find today's featured stamp HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store


Some other helpful links:

Subscribe to my blog, if you' like...on the upper right of this blog page.

Visit and subscribe to my YouTube channel HERE

Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE

Blue Knight's Inspire and Create Blog is HERE

and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE



Thanks for visiting today....
Wishing you a wonderfully creative day!
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Your cards are so beautifully done. Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, love the second card the brown stamped back round of the fence and the inlay of the two boys in color ! πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ’πŸ’πŸŽˆ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!