Saturday, October 31, 2020

Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Silhouette Moose Stamp Set: Two Cards with Two Different Looks


Hello My Crafty and Creative Friends!

I've got my Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Weekly Design Team Inspiration cards to share with you today...
But...before I start telling you a little bit about how I created today's cards...I have to say one thing...

I am smitten!
Yes...I am smitten...with a moose!

How is it that one little moose could make a card maker so happy!?

Well...I had such a good time creating my moose cards....and I think that I am smitten with the little moose..the medium moose..and the big moose that are all part of Blue Knight's SILHOUETTE MOOSE stamp set!
Yes! There are 3 of this guy in this stamp set...
The medium and smaller moose stamps are perfect additions to so many Blue Knight scene stamps!
(I LOVE this...because I LOVE creating stamp scenes!)


On to today's cards...
I added color to the first card with PanPastels and an inked cloudy sky


First...I stamped the largest Silhouette Moose image, using a stamp positioning tool.

I used an assortment of PanPastel colors and a small sponge applicator to create the muted grassy area.
Next, I created the sky by picking ink up from a blue ink pad with a Ken Oliver Stencil Brush and using Blue Knight's HEIDI PETTIE CLOUD STENCIl...to create the cloud detail.

After the coloring was done...I returned the piece to my stamp positioning tool and restamped the image a few times to sharpen up the silhouette

For the double matting...I chose black and mossy green card stock and positioned all of the pieces on a cream-colored card base.


With just a few PanPastel colors...and an ink pad...this super simple..and super-fun to card...came together in a flash!
(This is where I say...THIS card is perfect for those of you who are a bit shy about coloring)

So....
As if I wasn't having enough fun creating the first card...
I found a way to have fun x's 100 when creating my second Silhouette Moose
I paired the medium-sized Moose image up with a stamp from Blue Knight's EVERGREENS stamp set
I blended an assortment of Distress Oxide inks to create the background...and I used a Copic marker to add the whispy grass details...to complete the image piece


For the double matting:
I chose Black card stock and metallic gold card stock....both complemented the image piece nicely, I think.

I was happy with my pairing of stamps...and the way the inked background turned out.
and...I'm already thinking of making more of this card...
Some for my own card stash...
Some for my Etsy shop...
And some to give as a gift to an outdoorsman who I know....and who would love this moose as much as I do!


You can find today featured stamp  HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store.


Some other helpful links:

Subscribe to my blog, if you' like...on the upper right of this blog page.

Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE

Blue Knight's Inspire and Create Blog is HERE

and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE


Thanks for stopping by today!

Wishing you lots of creative joy!

Michelle


4 comments:

  1. Michelle,Mr Moose is a great silhouette with that wonderful background! Love it ! 🐒🎈🐢

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,Mr Moose is a great silhouette with that wonderful background! Love it ! 🐒🎈🐢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Therese....it was a cinch with the Oxide inks

      Delete
  3. It has been great to know that there is someone out there that knows about falling down and getting back up. We always stay humble and never give up, and for the help of Mr Pedro in getting me Loan from his firm to expand my business, at a pivotal time. The support I received from his loan firm was quite honest and an interesting low rate in return, Mr Pedro Jerome is a loan officer working with a loan company which is willing to fund any type of business or give loans for personal use as long as their repayment is guaranteed.
    You can contact theirs email on pedroloanss@gmail.com Via WhatsApp:+1-863-231-0632

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!