Saturday, October 24, 2020

Flying a Kite: Creating Cards with a Blue Knight Rubber Stamps New Release Stamp

Hello, My Crafty and Creative Friends!

I've got a few cards to share with you today...both created as my Weekly Design Team Projects for Blue Knight Rubber Stamps!

The FLYING A KITE stamp set has a beautiful sentiment stamp...and a silhouette image that is is a large card front sized image.

For the first card, I stamped the image on white card stock .
Then, I used an arched shaped metal die as a stencil...and inked the blue (sky) and yellow (sun glow) areas around the silhouette, as shown by lifting ink off of a yellow ink pad...and a blue ink pad...with a Ken Oliver Stencil Brush

Next, I created the cloudy sky...with Blue Knight's CLOUD STENCIL....and the same blue ink and stencil brush

When the stamping and inking were complete, I double matted the image with black card stock and metallic gold card stock.
I used an ivory colored card base


For the second FLYING A KITE card I chose bright vibrant PanPastel colors from Blue Knight's PanPastel Custom Palettes to create the sky...applying the colors with a PanPPastel SOFFT sponge... in sweeping motions.
I restamped the image to crisp-it-up, after the sky was blended...(PanPastels leave a bit of residue that dulls a silhouette image...
Re-stamping the silhouette makes it crisp...solid and gives it a dense black color.

Next...I sealed the image with a light misting of NEXXUS Comb Thru Hairspray.

If you follow my blog...you already know about the Hairspray thing...

If you're new to my blog..I'll explain a bit:

Using hairspray was recommended to me by our local art shop.


(*Note...sealing with NEXXUS is not archival safe...If you want your colored piece to be archival safe you'll need to use an art-grade sealant that is archival safe....NEXXUS COMB THRU is the brand that I recommend. Using cheaper heavier hair sprays won't do the job as nicely. I encourage you to invest in NEXXUS Comb Thru (not their other version of hairspray...Comb Thru works best)


 To finish the card, I chose black and coral card stock for double matting...and a white card base.
I you follow my blog...you know that most weeks, I try to share one card that is super simple..with minimal coloring...for those of you who shy away from coloring...
This week...I feel confident to say that both FLYING A KITE cards are ideal for those of you who aren't lovers of detailed coloring when creating cards.

PanPastels (the second card) are always a cinch to use...offer amazing and beautiful color blending opportunities... and are great for super speedy card making.

Inking (the first card) is another great way to add color to a card.
It's super simple to lift ink off of an ink pad...and using Ken Oliver Stencil Brushes makes laying the ink down smooth...easy and almost foolproof!

You can find today's featured stamp HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store


Some other helpful links:

Subscribe to my blog, if you'd like...on the upper right of this blog page.

Visit and subscribe to my YouTube channel HERE

Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE

Blue Knight's Inspire and Create Blog is HERE

and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE


Thanks for stopping by today!

Wishing you a creative joy!

Michelle.


4 comments:

  1. Michelle,love both cards but the rainbow sky ,reminds me so much of the sun sets in
    Arizona they last so long , long enough to fl6 the kites at nite! Thanks for the beautiful cards ! 😇🐒🎈🐢

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!