Saturday, September 26, 2020

Gone Fishin': Creating Cards with a Blue Knight Rubber Stamps September New Release Stamp

Hello, my Crafty and Creative Friends!

Today, here at my blog, I'm sharing a few of my Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Design Team Weekly Inspiration cards....both created with a September New release stamp that I Love Love Love!

I was so excited to ink up Blue Knight's GONE FISHIN' stamp set for the first time!

My first Gone Fishin' card was created with the larger silhouette image.
I used a stamp positioning tool for the first stamping...leaving the stamp in position in the tool..for ht would be repeated stampings to create a solid silhouette image after adding color to create this nighttime scene.

Using Blue Knight's PanPastel Palettes, I created an evening sky....and water.
I did some simple reverse masking...to create the silhouetted moon.
I gave special attention to shading and blending colors to get the look that I wanted on the sky..water and for the moon shadowing.
(*Sorry bad lighting for this first photo)

When I finished coloring the image piece with Panpastels, I returned it to the positioning tool and restamped the silhouette image a few times to get a nice solid black image.
Then...

I sealed the image with a light misting of NEXXUS Comb Thru Hairspray.

If you follow my blog...you already know about the Hairspray thing...

If you're new to my blog..I'll explain a bit:

Using hairspray was recommended to me by our local art shop.


(*Note...sealing with NEXXUS is not archival safe...If you want your colored piece to be archival safe you'll need to use an art-grade sealant that is archival safe...NEXXUS COMB THRU is the brand that I recommend. Using cheaper heavier hair sprays won't do the job as nicely. I encourage you to invest in NEXXUS Comb Thru (not their other version of hairspray...Comb Thru works best)


I matted the completed image piece with black card stock...and added a second mat layer using deep blue metallic card stock.


I just LOVE this stamp set!
 

As if I didn't already have enough fun creating the first card...I decided to create a second card using the smaller Gone Fishin' stamp ...and I paired it up with Blue Knight's LIGHTHOUSE on the BEACH and another new release stamp, SILHOUETTE CATTAILS.....
and this is what I whipped up!

I added some brushed -on inking and Blue Knight's Cloud Stencil to create the sky,
I added 2 mat layers...black..and a deep blue.....and found myself LOVING this card!
My intention is to find some time to create a stack of these as a gift for a friend who loves the ocean and shore life.


Combining these 3 stamp sets is perfect I think...and allowed me to create an ocean scene that came together easily.


I couldn't be happier with how this card turned out!

I am predicting that GONE FISHIN' will be a go-to stamp set for me...I know that I will create many more cards with this stamp set...either by making the larger image the focal point of the card...or by creating scenes with the smaller image...There are so many possibilities!  

You can find today's featured stamp HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store


Some other helpful links:

Subscribe to my blog, if you' like...on the upper right of this blog page.

Visit and subscribe to my YouTube channel HERE

Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE

Blue Knight's Inspire and Create Blog is HERE

and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE


Thanks for stopping by today!

Wishing you a creative joy!

Michelle.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!