Sunday, September 15, 2019

Ranch Fence: Creating a Card with a Blue Knight Rubber Stamps September New Release Stamp

Hello again!

I've got another Blue Knight Rubber Stamps September New release stamp and card to share with you today!

I'm a huge fan of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps scene stamps and so this stamp is right up my alley!
I love the details in this scene...The fence....cowboy boots and hat..the bucket hanging on the fence..the wood grain on the fence...the sparse leafy shrub ...sprigs of grass and the hills in the background.
I thought...Water color?...Copics?...Water color?...Copics?
Then...I decided to add color to this image with Copic markers.

I wanted a pop of color...so I opted to make the boots and hat red...
To highlight the fantastic wood grain on the fence... I did some Copic blending with a few different brown Copics and a little bit of grey.
I used sand, grey and brown tones for the hills...greens for the grassy areas and greys and browns for the stones
I went with metal-like colors of grey for the bucket.
I added some Autumn colors to the leafy sprigs.
To finish the the image I added a cloudy sky with the Heidi Pettie Cloud Stencil and a touch of yellow for a sunset 
For matting I chose LCI PAPER metallic card stock in a deep red and bronze....colors that complement color that I added to the image. 

Fun! Fun! Fun!
It was lots of fun coloring this image and watching it come to life!

You'll find the RANCH FENCE stamp and the HEIDI PETTIE CLOUD STENCIL... HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store.
The LCI PAPER Metallic card stock is HERE

Before I wish you a wonderful day...I want to remind you to head over to the FANS OF BLUE KNIGHT RUBBER Stamps Facebook Group  HERE, to enter the September New release SORROWFUL PUP stamp set Giveaway!

Thanks for visiting today!
Have a great day, my friends!
Michelle.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle, what a great scene stamp ! And you have made it come to life ! With the gorgeous sun set with the secret cloud maker! And the magical highlights that you’ve added to the fence and the red hat red boots and the metallic bucket !
    Another beautiful creation ! πŸŽˆπŸ’πŸ’πŸ˜‡πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese!
      I really enjoyed creating this card with this wonderful image...I love all of the details...

      Delete
  2. Beautiful coloring of this awesome scene stamp. I always love the stamps from Blue Knight and wish I could have all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Verna!
      I agree...BK's scene stamps are always at the top of my wish list

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!