Sunday, September 8, 2019

Creating a Card with Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Sorrowful Pup New Release Stamp

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

It's no secret that I am a ridiculous woman when it comes to our dog , Jackson.
Yes, I am over the edge..totally cuckoo for our handsome boy....an around these parts, that's common knowledge!

This is our sweet boy, Jackson...
On the left: when we adopted him as a Rescue Pup....and on the right, 2 years later...looking all grown up and very very handsome.

So, with me being totally cuckoo for our pup...and all pups on the planet and beyond...it makes sense that I am loving Blue Knight Rubber Stamps New Release SORROWFUL PUP stamp!

I was really happy to sit down to create today's card!


I started out by stamping this sweet and adorable and wonderfully detailed image onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using one of my stamp positioning tools.

I chose the Copic colors that I wanted to use to color the puppy, as well as the grass and flowers.
After the image was colored..I lifted some ink from a few ink pads to add the blended (s)blue, yellow and green color to the background. I also brushed a little bit of green ink over the Copic highlighted grassy area.

Next, I used a double stitched rectangle die to die cut the image. I chose red matte card stock and green LCI Metallic card stock for matting. The matted image piece was positioned with foam, for added dimension

The SORROWFUL PUP stamp set comes with 2 sentiments...I chose the "Missing You" sentiment for this card.
After it was stamped, I inked the white card stock a bit and added metallic green matting behind the sentiment banner. I used small foam dimensionals to position the sentiment piece.

I am smitten!
This sweet pup will be stamped and colored by me... and made into MANY cards in the future...


And guess what!?
The SORROWFUL PUP stamp is the New Release stamp that will be the Giveaway prize this month!
So head on over to the FANS OF BLUE KNIGHT RUBBER STAMPS Facebook group HERE, to enter!

You'll find the SORROWFUL PUP stamp, along with all of the other September New release stamps HERE at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store.

Thanks for visiting today!
Wishing you a wonderfully creative day!
Michelle.

PS...Did you know that  in addition to a Facebook Fan group and the Blue Knight web store...that Blue Knight also has a blog.
You can visit and subscribe to the blog HERE.

8 comments:

  1. Michelle,what a great looking pup! The colors bring out his spirit! Even though he is sad and Missing ! The colors are soft and clean ! Love this stamp ! πŸΎπŸΎπŸ’πŸŽˆπŸ’πŸ’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Therese.... love this little guy with his paw up...
      he's so sweet....(and fun to color)

      Delete
  2. What a cute pup and I love how you used him on your card. The coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet puppy. I’m pretty crazy about my fur babies, too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful. Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!