Saturday, September 19, 2020

Beautiful Bridge: Creating Cards with a Blue Knight Rubber Stamps September New Release Stamp

Hello my Crafty and Creative Friends!

I'm happy to be here at my blog today to share cards created with another Blue Knight Rubber Stamps September New Release stamp!

Today's featured stamp is BK's BEAUTIFUL BRIDGE.

I chose to create one card with traditional Copic coloring...
and I also created a second card as a blue toned monochromatic card using the double-sided tape "glitter technique"

First...the Copic version.

Info as to how this card was created are very simple:
I stamped the image onto Spectrum Noir White Ultra Smooth card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I chose a selection of Copic markers that allowed me to color and blend as I wanted to...focusing on softer tones...of blues..greens...brown...grey and pink.
When the image was colored..I added some clouds to the sky with Blue Knight's Heidi Pettie Cloud Stencil.
I chose pink and green card stock for matting....coordinating the card stock colors with the image colors.



This image has lots of wonderful details...and was lots of fun to color!

The image has some great shading areas built into the stamp that will guide you along as you add and blend color and creating shadowing and shading...


My second Beautiful Bridge card is a monochromatic shimmer card..
I'll share some info below about how I created this card...


I started out by stamping the image onto light blue card stok



Next...I chose the Copic marker colors that I wanted to use.
ll are blue tone...with the exception of a bright pink color that I wanted for the pop of color that this card would have

After the image was colored....I covered it with a piece of Je Je Wide Double Stick Tape (available at the Blue Knight web site)

You can see the double stick tape here, before I peeled off the carrier paper, when I turned the image over

I sprinkled ultra fine translucent glitter over the entire surface of the double tick tape...shaking off the extra glitter.
This is the result.

The coloring shows through the glitter.
(Copics work best for this technique because of the density of color...ecil coloring can sometimes look washed out behind the glitter)

I matted the image iece with bright [ink card stock...to pick up the pop of color in the image...and then matted it a second time with a deep blue card stock.
Creating this card was a fun step away from my usual card making style..
Usually, I am straight up coloring-person...either with Copics..water coloring...or pencils.
I do like creating monochromatic cards now and then....or two-color cards...so this was a nice way to enjoy creating a monochromatic card.
Using the doule tick tape made adding the glitter  cinch...

You can find today's featured stamp HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store


Some other helpful links:

Subscribe to my blog, if you' like...on the upper right of this blog page.

Visit and subscribe to my YouTube channel HERE

Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE

Blue Knight's Inspire and Create Blog is HERE

and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE


Thanks for stopping by today...
Wishing you many happy creative adventures!
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, love this stamp too ! It reminds me of our botanical Gardens in Highland Park Illinois they have a bridge and water with flowers pretty close to this !
    It is so neat that you went out of your comfort zone to do this card ! It is beautiful!
    Using the blue card is a great idea too! Adding the glitter makes the card look magical ! Can’t wait to see the next group of cards ! 💕🐒🐢🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Therese!
      Yes...imagine...me??.and glitter??....
      SHOCKER!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!