Saturday, September 12, 2020

Silhouette Cattails: A Blue Knight Rubber Stamps September New Release Stamp Set

Hello, my crafty and creative friends!

I'm excited to share today's cards with you...both created with Blue Knight Rubber Stamps, September New Release stamps.
So...in my excitement about today's cards...I need to share them with you...right now!

With my first card, I'll share the new SILHOUETTE CATTAILS stamp with you...
And the second card will pair up the SILHOUETTE CATTAILS stamp with Blue Knight's SEAGULLS and DRIFTWOOD stamp

So here we go...

As always, when using PanPastels....
I stamped the silhouette image, using a stamp positioning tool...
I added the sunset background, with Blue Knights Select PanPastel Select Sunrise and Sunset Palette...and used some basic masking to create the sun.
When the background was complete..I returned the image piece to the stamp tool and re-stamped the image a few times to get a solid black silhouette image.

Next...I sealed the image with a light misting of NEXXUS Comb Thru Hairspray.
If you follow my blog...you already know about the Hairspray thing...
If you're new to my blog..I'll explain a bit:
Using hairspray was recommended to me by our local art shop.
(*Note...sealing with NEXXUS is not archival safe...If you want your colored piece to be archival safe you'll need to use an art-grade sealant that is archival safe....
NEXXUS COMB THRU is the brand that I recommend. Using cheaper heavier hair sprays won't do the job as nicely. I encourage you to invest in NEXXUS Comb Thru (not their other version of hairspray...Comb Thru works best)

Then, I double matted the image piece...first with gold metallic card stock and then with black matte card stock
I positioned the matted piece on a card base...




At the end of the month.....I'm going to re-create this look...adding another New Release stamp to this beautiful cattail scene...(I can't wait!)


My second SILHOUETTE CATTAILS card has a very different look....
I paired it up with Blue Knight's SEAGULLS and DRIFTWOOD stamp set....
I also used Blue Knight's Heidi Pettie, Cloud Stencil, to create a cloudy sky with a stencil brush and light blue ink.
The sand...dune grass, driftwood, and seagull were all colored with Copic markers...

I double matted the image piece with green and back card stock....

In the end..I was so happy with the pairing of the SILHOUETTE CATTAIL and SEAGULLS and DRIFTWOOD stamp sets...
This is a card that I'd like to it down and create a stack of...
As the saying goes....this card is "right up my alley!"

I hope that you enjoyed today's cards...and are inspired to create some cards of your own with these beautiful stamps!

You can find today's featured stamp(s), the cloud stencil and the BK PanPastel palette HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store


Some other helpful links:

Subscribe to my blog, if you' like...on the upper right of this blog page.

Visit and subscribe to my YouTube channel HERE

Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE

Blue Knight's Inspire and Create Blog is HERE

and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE


Thanks for visiting today...
Wishing you lots of wonderful creative adventures!
Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Both beautiful. Especially fond of Mr Seagull!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, another wonderful card
    And I love the clouds ! You make the best even if it is a stencil! 💕🐒🐢🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Therese!
      The BK cloud stencil is the best!

      Delete
  3. Michelle,I was so caught up with the clouds I forgot about the sunset!
    Did you mask with a circle sticky ! The sky colors remind me of the California skies right now ! So in tense but beautiful! 💕🐒🐢🎈🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese!
      I used a basic mask...created with a circle punch...and card stock..I used the negative space to create the setting sun

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!