Saturday, May 30, 2020

Foot Bridge: Creating a Card with Another Blue Knight Rubber Stamps May 2020 New Release Stamp

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

I am a waterfront lover...
I love the ocean...the shore...lakes...streams...ponds...rivers...
There's a certain serenity and connection to nature that happens to me when I am near the water...so it makes sense that I felt immediately connected to Blue Knight's May New Release Wetlands stamp...as well as the stamp that I am sharing with you today.

Foot Bridge reminds me of the Atlantic Ocean beach, an ocean inlet and connected creek from my island hometown...a place where we used to go crabbing...and clamming...under hot summer sunshine surrounded by salty sea air....and seagulls calling out to one another....and geese and ducks swimming in the saltwater creeks and canals.
Growing up on a small Island...and living on an Island now ...memories of life on and near the ocean are abundant for me.

All of this made me enjoy creating today's card...a lot!


This scene, I think...was plucked right out of my 30 years of life lived on my Island hometown.
It was fun to color...and it was fun to add some stamped details/additions to....and when complete...it turned out exactly as I had hoped it would.

I colored the image with Copic markers...and used PanPastels when creating the cloudy sky with Blue Knight's Heidi Pettie Cloud Stencil.

This stamp set comes with an assortment of silhouette images that can be added to the larger beautifully detailed main scene....
Included are: a sailboat in 2 sizes....and a gathering of ducks...in two sizes.

For today's cards...I chose to add the larger sailboat...and larger duck image

After the stamping and coloring were complete, I chose card stock colors for matting.
For the larger mat layer I went with blue...and for the smaller mat layer I chose matte black card stock.
I positioned the matted image piece with fun foam for added dimension.

If you love scene images...and love to color...but shy away from tedious coloring....THIS is the image for you...
This image is a breeze to color...
Pencil coloring...PanPastels and Copics are all great ways to add color to this image.

You can find this beautiful Foot Bridge stamp HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store, along with all of the other May 2020 New release stamps.

Some other helpful links:
Subscribe to my blog, if you' like...on the upper right of this blog page.
Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE
Blue Knight's Inspire and Create Blog is HERE
and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE

Thanks for stopping by today!
Wishing you an abundance of creative joy!
Michelle.

4 comments:

  1. Another wonderful stamp and your coloring is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out really nice. I love the Blue Knight stamps. I look forward to going to conventions and making the demos. I hope we can soon get back to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaye!
      Hopefully life (and stamp shows) will get back to normal ...and in time..you'll enjoy doing he make n takes at the next show that you go to!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!