Saturday, May 23, 2020

Happy Hedgehog: Card Making with Another Blue Knight May 2020 New Release Stamp

Hello my crafty and creative Friends!

I'm super edited to share another Blue Knight Rubber Stamps May 2020 New Release stamp and card with you today!

HAPPY HEDGEHOG is beyond cute...and I think that I am smitten with this adorable little guy!
(I'll share a link for the stamp at the end of the blog post)

The May New release is a great collection of 12 awesome stamps...
Some scenes...some silhouettes...a Beau-tea-ful tea cup and book image...a little bit of Winter...some beachy images...and this Hedgehog cutie

I used Copic markers to add color to the HAPPY HEDGEHOG image.
I chose some bright shades of pink to color the flower...to add a nice pop of vibrant color to this image and added lots of green shading to the grassy area...large leaf and clover.
I added a light pink to this cuties cheek...for a slight hint of him blushing.
Next, I matted the image with black card stock and a pink card stock layer that matched the flower color.
For the sentiment, I hand cut a banner after stamping out the sentiment.
Originally wanted to mat the sentiment banner with the same pink card stock that I used for the largest matting layer ....but the matting would have overlapped and hidden too much of the hedgehog image...(and I wasn't having THAT happen!)
So instead, I edged the sentiment piece with a pink marker for added definition.
That slight touch of pink was perfect for adding edge definition to the sentiment piece and best of all...the sentiment didn't cover up the image (like it would have with the added width of a mat layer)

By the way...I really love this sweet sentiment.
Thank you Mark Twain!

I had lots of fun coloring his image.
So...I created another...
I colored the image with PanPastels....this time with a flower color switch and I added a cloudy sky with the sun popping out above the clouds
color switch...and a different sky...


As always, I hope that today's stamp set and card have inspired you to find some time to create a card of your own today!

You can find the HAPPY HEDGEHOG stamp, along with all of the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps May 2020 New release stamps, HERE, at the Blue Knight web store

Some other helpful links:
Subscribe to my blog, if you' like...on the upper right of this blog page.
Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE
Blue Knight's Inspire and Create Blog is HERE
and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE

Thanks for stopping by today!
Wishing you lots of creative joy!
Michelle.

4 comments:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!