Saturday, May 16, 2020

Creating a Beautiful Scene Card with Blue Knight's New Release Wetlands Stamp

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

I've been spending time in my studio...enjoying creating cards with the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps  May New Release Stamps!

This new release collection has 12 amazingly wonderful stamps that made it difficult for me to choose which I wanted to work with first.


Last week I chose to create a card with the RAINY DAYS stamp...and this week...I decided to get my crafty little hands on the WETLANDS stamp...
I was feeling excited about coloring this image...and was secretly wishing that I could be sitting by that body of water..looking off into the distance at the mountain.

I added color to the image with an assortment of Copic markers and PAnPastels...focusing on doing lots of shading to the water, mountains and grassy areas.
I added some color to highlight the tall trees...as well as the distant trees on the shoreline.
For the sky, I did a base layer of color to the entire sky area with a very light blue Copic color.
Next, I added the clouds ...using Blue Knight's Heidi Pettie Cloud Stencil and PanPastels.
When the clouds were complete...I use a small sponge-tipped applicator to gently blend the cloud edges a bit so that they wouldn't be so defined and crisp.
Finally, I lightly misted the entire piece with my secret sealant-weapon...NEXXUS Comb Thru Hairspray to seal the PanPastels

I chose two mat layer colors...
A metallics card stock in a green that coordinated nicely with the grassy areas of the image...and matte black card stock for the matting layer that would be positioned directly beneath the image

I LOVE this image...and already have ideas for adding some silhouette images from the MOMMA BEAR and FRIENDS stamp set to create alternate scenes.


I'm thinking that the mini bear trio would look perfect on this card...and the buck and deer would also be a nice addition to this card.

I hope that this card has inspired you to find some time to create a card of your own today!

You can find the New release WETLANDS stamp and the Heidi Pettie Cloud Stencil (and the Momma Bear and Friends stamp set) at the Blue Knight web store HERE

Some other helpful links:
Subscribe to my blog, if you' like...on the upper right of this blog page.
Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE
Blue Knight's Inspire and Create Blog is HERE
and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE

Thanks for stopping by today!
Wishing you a creative joy!
Michelle.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!