Saturday, June 6, 2020

Flamingos and Wild Grass

Hello again my crafty and creative friends!

June is here....so let's enjoy a little bit Summer card making with today's card!

Blue Knight Rubber Stamps FLAMINGO and WILD GRASS stamp set is perfect for quick and easy Summery silhouette style card making!


I kept today's card making super simple...
I began by stamping the large stamp from this set (the wild grass and landscape/beach image) with green ink using a stamp positioning tool.
After stamping, I left the stamp in it's position in the tool.

Next, I used a second stamp positioning tool to position and stamp the flamingos.
Again...after stamping the flamingos, I left the stamp...in position...in the tool.

I added a sunny background with PanPastels....blending orange, red, magenta and yellow in the center to define the sun.
I added some yellow and orange PanPastel color blending to complete the sky area of this image.

After the sky was complete....I returned the image piece to the stamp positioning tools...Re-stamping the wild grass piece a few times to get a solid silhouette image (the wild grass)
This will most likely take 2...3...4 re-stampings...as most silhouette images do
Silhouettes should always be solid....no spots or light areas of ink showing.
I then did the restamping of the flamingos...again...re-stamping multiple times, until the flamingo images looked spot free...with dense solid black color.

After the re-stamping was complete....I sealed the image with a light misting of Nexxus Comb Thru hairspray (sealing is necessary when using PanPastels, to avoid smudging)

I chose card stock colors (green and black) that complemented the colored image.
Finally, I assembled the card, positioning the matted image piece with fun foam for added dimension.

This card comes together in a flash.
Using PanPastels makes the coloring super speedy and simple.
Distress inks (Original or Oxide) will also work well for blending the sun and sky)

I hope that this card inspires you to create a card of your own today that includes some color blending.

You can find today's featured stamp HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store

Some other helpful links:
Subscribe to my blog, if you' like...on the upper right of this blog page.
Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE
Blue Knight's Inspire and Create Blog is HERE
and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE

Thanks for stopping by today!
Wishing you a creative joy!
Michelle.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, wonderful card shows Vibrant color ! Next to the flamingos! 🦩🦩💕🐒🎈🙏🏻🐢

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!