Saturday, October 26, 2019

Blue Knight October DT Challenge: Creating a Card with Elements from Multiple Stamp Sets

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

I'm sharing my final October Blue Knight Rubber Stamps DT Mix n Match October Challenge card with you today!

I LOVED creating this card with stamped elements from BK's SILHOUETTE FOREST, GALLOPING HORSES and BIRDS II stamp sets.


Here's a quick synopsis of how I created today's card:

I got out 3 of my stamp positioning tool...(MISTI...Tim Holtz, etc)
I took time to position each stamp, in each tool,  in the place that it needed it to be stamped to create this scene .
I positioned the SILHOUETTE FOREST in one tool....
The GALLOPING HORSES in another
and the GRASS from GALLOPING HORSES in another
I Positioned the bird in the MINI MISTI
I used 4 stamp positioning tools in all.

I did the first stamping of each element....moving my card stock form one tool to the other.
First the Forest....Then the Horses...Next, the grass...and finally the bird.
I left all of the stamps in their place, inside of each tool.

Then it was time to add color to this image.
I used BLUE KNIGHT's PanPastel PALETTES for the sunset sky, the mountain and the grassy area.
I did lots of (fun) blending for the sky, using Pan colors from BK's SUNRISE & SUNSET PanPastel PALETTE.

After the image was colored, I returned the piece to each of the stamp positioning tools to re-stamp the silhouette images a few more times...until I had nice dense spot-free silhouette images.
For stamping, I used Gina K's (Black) Amalgam Ink..I find that this ink is great for silhouette stamping.

After the image was stamped, I sprayed the piece lightly with NEXXUS COMB THRU Hairspray to seal the PanPastel coloring.
(If you want archival safe sealing, you'll need to use an archival safe spray that's compatible with PanPastel coloring.)

Next, I matted the image piece with matte black card stock.
I positioned the matted image piece with foam, for added dimension on a larger mat layer of gold metallic card stock.

Simple...easy...and fun to create!


You can find each of the stamps that I used to create today's card HERE, at the Blue Knight web store.

if you're looking for card making inspiration, head over to Blue Knight's INSPIRE and CREATE Blog HERE

If you're excited about creating a Mix n Match card of your own...give it a try!...and then share a photo over at the FANS OF BLUE KNIGHT RUBBER STAMPS Facebook group to participate in the October Fan Challenge!
You  can visit and follow the Fan group AND enter the challenge... HERE


Thanks for stopping by today!
I'll see you in a few days, when the DT takes on a new November challenge!

Wishing you a wonderfully creative day!
Michelle.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful scene design and I love the beautiful sky. This is so gorgeous with the running horses and the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Verna....You're always so kind...xoxo

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!