Sunday, October 6, 2019

Blue Knight Stamps Design Team Challenge: Mix n Match Stamping

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

This month, here at my blog, I'll be sharing my weekly Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Design Team cards with you.
All of us, on the team, are participating in a month long challenge that has us mixing and matching elements from multiple stamp sets to create our October cards.

Today, I'm sharing a card that I created by combining stamped elements from 3 different Blue Knight Rubber Stamps stamp sets:
FOR THOSE WHO SERVED (the silhouette image)
OLD GLORY (the American flag)
and...THANK YOU HERO (the sentiment/quote)

I started out by stamping the Old Glory image with a light brown Archival ink.

Next, I used Gina K Black Amalgam ink to stamp the silhouette image. Using a stamp platform is helpful when stamping silhouette images because is allows for exact and identical placement of the stamped image for repetitive stamping.
I like Gina K Amalgam ink for silhouette stamping because with just a few repeat stampings...it creates a nice solid spot-free silhouette image.

After the stamping was complete, I colored the image with Copic markers.

I chose a sentiment for the card and matted it with black card stock

I chose red card stock to mat the image piece and black card stock for the largest mat layer.

I used foam to position the matted image piece as well as the sentiment piece


Using 3 different stamp sets allowed me to meet the Design Team challenge and reminded me that combining elements from different stamp sets can be lots of fun...expand your card making options...and your creativity!

You can find each of the stamp sets that I used to create today's card HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store.

And...
If you'd like to join the BKRS Design Team this month and would like to give this challenge a try...
Head over to the FANS OF BLUE KNIGHT RUBBER STAMPS Facebook group, HERE, to enter the October Fan Challenge


Thanks for visiting today!
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Michelle.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle, an awesome way to commemorate our servicemen and women three wonderful steps sets to create a card that says everything ! πŸŽˆπŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card design and so perfect for all our men and women in the military. You chose wisely for your three stamp sets too. That is a great quote for the sentiment also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!