Sunday, October 13, 2019

Blue Knight Rubber Stamps October Design Team Challenge: Mix n Match Stamping

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

Today I'm sharing my second Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Design Team challenge card of the month!
I loved creating today's card with stamped elements from 4 Blue Knight stamp sets and the HEIDI PETTIE CLOUD STENCIL.

COUNTRY HOME (main image with cottage, tree on left and grassy path)
TREE with STEAM (tree on the right)
COWGIRL and COWBOY (dog) 
and BIRDS 2 (bird trio)
The image elements that I chose from each stamp set came together nicely to create this wonderful scene.

How I created this multi-stamp-set scene:
I started out by stamping the COUNTRY HOME image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth card stock.
Next, I added one of the trees from the TREE with STEAM stamp set by using a brown marker to color the tree section that  wanted to use, from the large stamp. Using stamping compatible marker  allowed me to add ink only to the tree that I wanted to use, as opposed to inking up the entire image with an ink pad.
Once the tree was stamped, I added the silhouette dog image from the COWGIRL and COWBOY stamp set.
After these elements were stamped, I colored the image using Copics on the house and tree on the left. I also used Copics to highlight the grass details and shrubbery.
I used Blue Knight PanPastel Palettes to add color to the ground/grass.
I used markers to add Autumn colored foliage to each of the trees and sketched in a little bit of grassy detail around the bottom of the tree on the right.

Then it was time to create the cloudy sky.
I used the HEIDI PETTIE CLOUD STENCIL and an assortment of PanPastels  to create the multi colored clouds/sky.
Finally, I added the trio of birds with one of the bird stamps from the BIRDS 2 stamp set.

For matting I chose gold metallic card stock for the largest mat layer and metallic bronze for matting the image piece.
I used foam to position the matted image piece for added dimension.
Gold and bronze metallic card stock seemed perfect for this colored image and pulled together the Autumn look that I was going for, very nicely, I think.


I thoroughly enjoyed planning this card ...thinking about which elements I wanted to use from which sets.
It was fun to watch the different elements come together to create this beautiful scene.

You'll find each of the 4 stamp sets used to create today's cards, along with the Heidi Pettie Cloud Stencil and Blue Knight's PanPastel Palettes HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store.

If you're loving the idea of mixing and matching elements form different stamp sets to create a card, head over to the FANS OF BLUE KNIGHT RUBBER STAMPS Facebook group to join the October Fan Challenge. We'd love to see what you create by mixing and matching images form your Blue Knight stamp sets! (And who knows...your card may be chosen as the winning challenge card!

Thanks for visiting today, my crafty and creative friends!
Have a wonderful day!
Michelle.

4 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous scene and I love the clouds in the sky. That must be an awesome stencil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Verna!
      I was never able to create decent clouds until I used the cloud stencil...I love it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!