Monday, December 2, 2019

My Daughter and I: A Card Collaboration for a Friend.

It's been a long time since I've spent time in my studio making a card of any sort.

Recently, a friend asked me to make a card for her.
Her daughter is getting married..and she asked me to create a card that she cold give to her daughter and soon to be son-in-law on their wedding day.

I knew, immediately, which stamp sets I wanted to use to create the card and had a vision in my crafty little head about which colors...supplies...and card stock/paper I wanted to us.... and what I wanted the finished card to look like
I also knew that I wanted to "recruit" my daughter, Chelsea ...who does beautiful hand lettering....to personalize the card and envelope.
(I SO wish that I had Chelsea's talent and gifts for doing beautiful lettering....she does it without effort.)

About the supplies....I chose the following to create today's card:
Stamp sets: Altenew's Vintage Roses layered stamp and die set
The Ton's Haute Wedding Dress and Plus One stamp sets
Papertrey Ink's VINTAGE CREAM card stock for the card base and stamping layer.
Green Metallic card stock (chosen because this is one of the wedding theme colors)
Sheer Vellum

My daughter added the hand lettered personalization and sentiment with an old fashioned fountain pen and ink.


I prepared the 5 x 7 card....cut the card stock...and scored it to create the base card.
Next, I cut the green metallic mat layer, stamping layer and the velum layer.

I set those pieces aside.


I stamped the layered Vintage Rose pieces in multiples and die cute each floral image and the leaves and set them aside.

Next, I stamped the bride...and groom...
I did some masking of the bride image to position both images as I wanted them...getting the groom close enough to the bride so that it would look like they are holding hands behind her gown. (Masking the bride eliminated the grooms right hand which created the illusion of hand holding.)

After I completed the stamping...I handed the stamped piece over to my daughter who added her beautiful hand lettering to personalize the image piece and add the sentiment.


I them positioned the flowers on the vellum layer, making sure not to hide any of the personalization and sentiment.

Finally, I assembled the card using Scor-Tape on the metallic and card stock pieces and  foam dimensionals to position the flowers and leaves.

I took a few photos and sent them to my friend...the Mother-of-the-bride...who was very happy with the card!

Yay!
(Her happiness made me happy!)


Thanks for stopping by today...
Wishing you a wonderfully creative day!
Michelle.

7 comments:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!